Job description / Role
The Alternate Site Manager/Fire Suppression Lead performs a broad range of maintenance, repair, and installation support, also incorporating inspection, testing, and troubleshooting of water-based sprinkler systems and special hazards suppression systems. This person will also coordinate and oversee the day to day operations, maintenance, personnel, and services at assigned location ensuring quality to the customer.
- Manages basic support services and accompanying labor force for assigned location.
- Identifies life, health, and safety issues and repairs circuitry faults on fire Suppression/sprinkler systems.
- Installs, maintains, repairs, or replaces fire suppression/sprinkler equipment and systems in strict accordance with applicable codes and standards.
- Identifies proper materials for use on specific installations and completes maintenance and repair records.
- Follows all safety rules and procedures including wearing required personal safety equipment
- Oversees the work of assigned employees to ensure compliance with standards
- Manages small team of U.S. nationals supervising skilled, semi-skilled foreign and local nationals.
- Ensures that all requirements are met as defined in the Performance Work Statement.
- Communicates new requirements, concerns, and issues to PMO for resolution.
- Ensure that requirements are met for employee health, morale, and welfare.
- Ensure that employees adhere the Armed Forces and host nation standards of conduct concerning in-theater operations.
- Effectively manages any employee management issues that may arise.
- Closely supervises equipment and material within assigned area of responsibility.
- Closely supervises the arrival, retrofit, and upgrade of equipment and material as assigned.
- Conducts the weekly and monthly collection of data for quality input to PEBs or AFEB.
- Submits timely reports required by the United States Government.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Shall be knowledgeable and supervise all aspects of assignment of qualified personnel, scheduling workload, developing programs and procedures to satisfy customer requirements, coordinating with on-base support, preparing official correspondence, evaluating improvement suggestions, and knowledge of chain of command and protocol.
- Capable of maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing fire suppression/sprinkler systems in accordance with applicable standards
- Knowledge of applicable codes required by contract, such as NFPA 25 Standard for the
Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Water-Based Fire Protection Systems, NFPA 13 Guide for Sprinkler Plan Review, NFPA 170
Standard on Fire Safety Symbols, NFPA 72 Fire Alarm and Signaling Code, NFPA 70 National Electrical Code (NEC), International
Building Codes (IBC), and/or applicable British Standard (BS) and International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) standards with ability to pass a trade test
- Compliance with fire, safety, and environmental protection requirements.
- Background displaying ability to staff, organize, lead and manage a diverse work force larger than 5 people.
- Willingness to travel and work in various locations in the world.
- Willingness to work shifts and extended hours in support of 24/7 operations.
- Willingness to learn about the cultural, economic, geopolitical, and/or military issues of the Mid East and/or Arab-speaking countries within that region desired.
- Ability to exercise discretion and make effective decisions.
- Solid communications skills, strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to work as a member of a diverse, dynamic team.
- Outstanding problem solving skills and sound judgment.
- Must be capable to obtain flight line driver license when required by COR.
Experience & Education
- Minimum of eight (8) years related to the requirements and qualifications necessary to manage and perform the fire alarm and cathodic portions of this task.
- Minimum of 3 (three) years experience in the inspection, testing, and maintenance of fire suppression systems.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- ASM shall have knowledge of: principles of electronics and electricity; types, capacity, and purpose of low voltage circuits, circuit breakers, switches, fuses, regulators, relays, instruments, and meters associated with the skills and ability to inspect, test, and maintain fire detection and alarm systems; interpreting instrument and meter readings; wiring diagrams, schematics, drawings and technical publications; use and purpose of applicable test equipment; safety rules and practices; environmental policies; principles of management; and operation and repair of on-site fire alarm and control systems.
- ASM shall be Certified Sprinkler ITM Specialist (CSITMS) for Facility Managers and Certified Fire Alarm ITM Specialist (CFAITMS) for Facility Managers. Contractor shall provide to the ACO an NFPA or equivalent certification prior to task assignment for the ASM.
- The ASM must be knowledgeable in NFPA requirements.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Organizational skills, computer literacy, and demonstrated expertise of research methodologies.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance; note US Citizenship is required to obtain a Secret Clearance.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable.
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
About the Company
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.