Job description / Role
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join as a Merchandising Manager to grow the Global Store and Exports businesses in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA).
The Merchandising Manager will manage what our customers see both onsite and online. The candidate will be based in our Dubai offices. Influencing and team building skills are essential for the success of this position. The candidate must be agile, customer-focused and can work with the local and international teams. This position requires the ability to read customer insights, experience with project management, and exceptional organizational and tracking skills. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work closely with teams across different geographies to develop relevant content for our customers.
The ideal candidate has a broad skill set including priority management, stakeholder management, content testing, and a passion for creating a world class shopping experience for our customers. You will work with business teams of all sizes and must have the ownership presence and communication skills to represent your respective businesses when it comes to customer understanding.
In this role, your key responsibilities will be:
• Updating on-site content and merchandising across key categories under Marketplace businesses.
• Identifying and implementing process improvements and opportunities for innovation and simplification in our merchandising plan.
• Inputting into and implementing strategies to grow internal and external traffic to our products, and improve conversion rate, to maximize sales and downstream value to Amazon.
• Coordinating cross-functional teams, and communicating with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines: Partnering with other internal Amazon teams to ensure successful implementation of all marketing related tools, including understanding barriers to automation and building use cases and solutions to manual work
• Identifying key customer insights to increase brand relevance, and accelerate customer acquisition and loyalty, using both quantitative and qualitative data.
• Owning customer experience including content auditing, catalog quality and assisting with product launch related language-specific tasks (e.g. review keywords, messaging, etc)
• Owning and taking action at all operational steps needed for the successful functioning of the tools identified (i.e. feedback, systematic updates, coordination, etc)
• Bachelor's degree; 5+ years of experience in marketing management.
• High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Experience in being agile, and creating internal processes.
• Superior verbal and written communications skills
• Strong organization and project management skills
• Experience using Excel and similar analytical tools to measure performance, manage content, and support requests from partner teams
• Fluency in Arabic and experience living in the Middle East highly desirable.
• Proficiency with excel, plus the ability to learn our in-house content management tools quickly.
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.