Job description / Role
Our client, a leading international financial entity is looking for an AML Operations Executive to join their team based in Abu Dhabi. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the operational workload from the UAE region, including client onboarding and transaction screening and monitoring, as well as related client service.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Client Onboarding and AML and Sanctions Teams based in Europe.
Other responsibilities will include but not limited to
• Reviewing and/or investigating matches against sanctions, PEPs, adverse media and internal lists in a timely fashion and processing as appropriate
• Conducting real-time and retrospective rules-based monitoring on client transactions and processing alerts as appropriate
• Reviewing and approving incoming funds from third parties
• Responding to queries from other internal departments
• Completing Customer Due Diligence (CDD) on new clients
• Monitoring the existing clients and updating data accordingly
• Identifying clients posing higher risk due to the existence of red flags or other high-risk triggers
• Complying with relevant legislative and regulatory standards, and internal processes and procedures
• Completing allocated tasks with focus, and in a timely manner
• Communicating the status of tasks to colleagues, supervisors and managers, and escalate problems swiftly, as needed
The successful candidate will have to meet the following criteria
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business Administration or equivalent
• Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role preferably in banking industry
• Strong experience in the process involved in financial crime and risk compliance
• Extensive experience in onboarding and screening
• Strong familiarity of the UAE market
• Willing to be based in Abu Dhabi
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||14 Sep|
Assistant Manager AML Transaction Monitoring - UAE National
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
Customer On-Boarding Officer
KYC Onboarding Officer