Job description / Role
This is a unique opportunity to join an award-winning, rapidly growing FX and Payments company at a key point in business expansion. Operations Manager will be responsible for establishing and leading a back office team in Abu Dhabi, to support the non-transactional operational workload, client onboarding and client servicing.
Establishment of an Abu Dhabi-based team of 2 - 3 to support business operations in the UAE
* Ongoing hiring and development of the team to support business growth
* Management of the following key operational functions/processes
* Screening and monitoring of payments in line with regulatory rules
* Conducting CDD and KYC checks on new clients
* Client support in relation to the above, including online platform support
* Adherence to all internal regulatory, anti-money-laundering, anti-terrorist-financing and related policies and procedures
* Management and oversight of team workload, including ensuring quality standards are upheld, SLAs are met, and tasks are prioritized appropriately
* Ensuring that knowledge of team members is up-to-date and appropriate for the tasks being undertaken, plus identifying training needs and addressing these as appropriate
* Support in the creation and delivery of induction and ongoing training for staff, both within own team and within the wider business
* Coaching and mentoring team members as part of learning and development
* Leading and motivating team members to fulfill their potential and perform to their highest ability
* Performance assessment of team members
* Participate in 1-2-1s and performance reviews of team member
* Supporting daily/weekly/monthly routines within the wider team/department
* Participating in recruitment processes, including initial candidate selection and interview
* Use critical thinking to provide efficient solutions to problems impacting the wider team, which take into account scalability, efficiency, service and risk
* An advanced understanding of CDD/KYC/AML processes and requirements, including the regulatory basis for these. Knowledge of multiple jurisdictions an advantage.
* An in-depth knowledge of red flags and AML typologies relevant to the payments and FX space
* 3 - 5 years experience working in a KYC-related role in a regulated environment
* 2 - 4 years experience within a deliverable FX firm, ideally multi-national/with a global presence
* Able to operate effectively within a fast-paced and high-pressure environment
* In-depth knowledge of red flags and AML typologies relevant to the payments and FX market.
About the Company
Robert Walters is one of the world's largest specialist professional recruitment consultancies with 53 offices spanning 24 countries.
We've helped thousands of professionals find permanent, contract and interim roles with leading global corporations, small to medium sized companies and innovative start ups. Our specialist recruitment focus includes: accountancy and finance, banking, engineering, operations, legal, IT, sales, marketing, procurement & logistics, HR and support/administration.