Job description / Role
Mubadala is a global investment company with a mandate to generate sustainable financial returns to the Government of Abu Dhabi for the long-term.
We actively invest across a variety of geographies, asset classes and sectors that build on our competitive advantages of talent, financial strength, portfolio diversity and global relationships to enhance lasting value at home and overseas.
We are a responsible corporate citizen motivating our businesses to have a positive impact on the communities where they operate.
About Financial Institutions
The Mubadala Financial Institutions Unit was formed in 2019. The unit serves as the primary vehicle for the company's investments in the Financial Services Investments having direct oversight of c.15 financial and strategic investments in the sector. Its objective is to build a research-driven global alternative asset and investment management platform focused on making investments in the global financial services industry. Our investment strategy is based on value investing principles: we invest throughout the capital structure in a diversified portfolio of global public and private securities by capitalizing on market dislocations. This approach is focused on the creation of long-term wealth and is biased towards capital preservation
In addition, we also manage a number of existing Mubadala investments, including public market investments in Unicredit, RHB and FAB, along with private investments in the Falcon Private Bank, Leaesplan UAE, Deem, Abu Dhabi Finance and some fund investment activities.
You will support the growth of the team, the development of its strategy and the execution of transactions and investments on a diverse range of asset classes.
- Conducting due-diligence and research activities to provide valuable and reliable insight that supports the business function in making decisions on deals execution.
- Supporting the development of material and reports as guided by the senior team members in order to support the deals.
- Conducting financial analysis and valuations, and building basic financial models, with guidance from the senior team members, to support deal execution activities and ensure the validity and correctness of the model and underlying assumptions and drivers.
- Conducting simple investment screening cases.
- Conducting regular meetings with internal teams to provide updates and information, and summary of research findings.
- Support in tracking and periodically reporting on portfolio performance.
- Prepare reports including but not limited to sector outlook and trends, economic market and dynamics affecting the sector, competitive landscape, and the implications on the business function.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- A Bachelor degree holder in business management, finance, economics or equivalent.
- CFA Level 1 qualification is required.
- 0 - 4 years of experience in a similar role in a top-tier investment bank or private equity firm.
- Previous exposure to complex projects under significant time pressure.
- Superior quantitative skills and complex financial modeling capabilities.
- Excellent business English. Effective communicator with excellent written skills
About the Company
Our formation and identity as a company are inextricably linked to the vision of the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan – who imagined a prosperous future for his people, and then brought them together as a nation to achieve it.
Mubadala is a pioneering global investor, deploying capital with integrity and ingenuity to accelerate economic growth for the long-term benefit of Abu Dhabi. As Abu Dhabi’s leading strategic investment company, Mubadala is active in 13 sectors and more than 30 countries around the world, creating lasting value for our shareholder, the Government of Abu Dhabi.
Our work includes the development of global industrial champions in sectors such as aerospace, ICT, semiconductors, metals & mining, renewable energy and utilities, and the management of diverse financial holdings. We build on legacy expertise in oil and gas to invest across the hydrocarbon spectrum, and enhance the UAE’s growth potential through investments in healthcare, real estate and defense services. Our investment approach prioritizes partnership with best-in-class organizations and a commitment to the highest standards of governance.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Credit Risk Manager/Analyst
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC)