Job description / Role
Android Developer - Swan
Swan is UAE unique grocery shopping application that provides its users a platform to shop for groceries both online and offline connecting them with their favorite retailers. Swan gathers a passionate team of technology and business experts who envision toprovide a hybrid grocery shopping experience powered by cutting edge technology, AI & ML algorithms. With Swan customers can view their nearby promotions, order online deliveries and can even visit the stores and experience a modern shopping through Swan phygital (Scan, pay & go) feature. Ultimately, Swan aims to reshape the face of retail, by bringing together the benefits of e-commerce and traditional shopping under one Omni channel platform.
As an Android mobile developer youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ll provide technical leadership, working closely with the wider team to ensure high quality code is delivered in line with the project goals and delivery cycles. You'll work closely with designers to deliver rapid prototypes as well as production code for which you'll ensure high accessibility standards are upheld.
- Be familiar with modern frameworks and languages, as well as working practices such as Clean Code, TDD, BDD, continuous integration, continuous delivery and DevOps.
- Deliver complex native mobile apps for Android.
- Write clean code to develop functional applications.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications.
- Gather and address technical and design requirements.
- Provide training and support to internal teams.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Liaise with developers, designers and system administrators to identify new features.
- Follow emerging technologies.
- Proactively advise on best practices.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related preferred.
- Minimum 2 years experience.
- Must have proven knowledge developing native Android applications from scratch which have launched in the App-Store and would ideally be able to provide examples of these.Ã‚
- Follows Clean Code/Solid principles.
- Excellent knowledge of the Android Platform and Android Developer Tools.
- Solid experience working with the Android SDK.
- Adheres and uses TDD/BDD.ESPRESSO, RX JAVA, RX ANDROID, JAVA, REST. IDE Intellij/Android Studio. Gradle.
- Ensures all software built is robust and scalable.
- Excellent grasp of the Java fundamentals and have extensive experience in building mobile applications in Android.
- Competence with native Android and love to learn the latest libraries to improve your productivity.
- Experience in building phone and tablet user-interfaces that scale to screen size.
- Understanding of and experience with a range of approaches to testing application code and systems for behavior and performance.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Working knowledge of Unix-like operating systems such as Linux and/or Mac OS X.
- Knowledge of the Git version control system.
- Ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques.
- Deep knowledge of accessibility standards and developing web products that can be used easily by users with a range of assistive technology needs.
- Experience mentoring and training other developers in a non-line management capacity.
- Experience mentoring or helping colleagues optimize their code.
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational database systems.
- System administration and configuration management skills.
- Experience presenting work at user groups, business and to peers.
- Experience with Ruby
- Other JVM languages (Groovy, Kotlin etc).
About the Company
Algorythma is a first-rate end-to-end technology service company, Algorythma creates impactful products backed with experience from leading corporations and institutions across the globe.
Our team is passionate, highly skilled and specialized when it comes to creating technologies that deliver turnkey solutions and lead corporations through elevating change on a large scale. It's worth mentioning that, the team is driven by the desire to build exceptional products. We are committed to building market leaders in industries we operate, and we continue to evolve our technology and business models to deliver value to our eco-system.
At Algorythma, technology is at the heart of all that we do. From identifying issues that impact lives, to supporting experts in creating solutions, we focus on building products and teams that transform industries and the boundaries of business with technology.
Mobile Developer (Native Apps / FinTech)
Senior Android Engineer
|Abu Dhabi||18 Oct|
Full Stack Engineer – Mobile
Quest Search & Selection
Full Stack Engineer - Backend
Quest Search & Selection