Job description / Role
• Design and build advanced and scalable applications for the iOS/Android platform
• Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements and use cases and translate them pragmatic and effective technical solutions.
• Integrate with our backend services to make sure we are delivering a great mobile user experience that is super-fast for end users.
• Working on end-to-end product modules/features from requirement to going live.
• Design and review code, troubleshoot and act as a consultant to team members on technical matters.
• Gather requirements by interacting directly with the end users and advocate delightful user experiences.
• Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
• Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
• Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
• You use core animation to create engaging motion effects and intuitive interfaces.
• Work on high impact features that affect thousands of users daily
• Build highly scalable systems that will power the continuous delivery of our mobile app
• BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
• At least 3-5 years experience as a software engineer
• Strong understanding of interactive application development paradigm under iOS or Android, memory management, file I/O, network programming, concurrency and multithreading.
• Have published one or more iOS / Android apps on store
• Good working understanding of the Android or iOS platform
• Good understanding of design patterns.
• Experience with developing complex software systems scaling to tens of thousands of users with production quality deployment, monitoring and reliability.
• Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
• Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
• Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
• Strong programming skills in either Java, C++, Python, or C#
• Ability to decompose complex business problems and lead a team in solving them
• A passion for products, empathy for users, and aspiration to make big impact
About the Company
A leading oil trading and shipping company in the UAE.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Android Engineer (All Levels)
Senior Android Developer
iOS Engineer (All Levels)
Software Engineer (Distributed Systems)
Senior / Lead Software Engineer