Job description / Role
Our client, a leading UK based Multinational Company is looking for an AP & AR Accountant.
Job Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Type: Permanent
As an AP Accountant, your responsibilities will include:
• Processing, verifying and coding of incoming supplier invoices.
• Initiating approval process of invoices through the system or the current applicable process.
• Handling payments in an organized and timely manner.
• Reconciling transactions and correct any discrepancies including monthly balance sheet reconciliation for the areas in charge
• Working with the accounting team to create accurate and timely financial records.
• Identifying and deliver process improvements mainly in the area of AP.
As an AR Accountant, your responsibilities will include:
• Process customer and general invoices according to accounting rules.
• Communicate with customer / supplier / engineers, if anything does not work out the way it should.
• Ensure that time and expenses of warranty jobs were invoiced internally.
• Responsible for ensuring that time is uploaded on receivable but at least weekly. Control and correct the reports according to the customer contracts.
• General documents about invoicing information, statistics etc.
• Refresh finance forecast after conferring with Finance manager on a weekly basis.
• Check supporting documents for correctness (and that all is internally approved) before they are used for invoicing.
Qualifications: Your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
• Partly qualified from Professional Accounting bodies (ACCA, CPA, CMA, CIMA) or equivalent is a plus
• 2-3 years accounts payable and accounts receivable experience
• Good communication skills, both written and oral
• Good organisational skills and ability to manage several tasks simultaneously
• Capable of working to strict reporting deadlines.
• Able to work reliably, exactly and independently.
• Fluent in English (written and spoken).
• Sufficient knowledge of ERP accounting processes. (experience in Oracle is a plus)
• Advanced user of MS-Office
• Must have VAT registration, VAT Data preparation & return filings experience.
About the Company
BAC Middle East - the longest established professional recruitment consultancy in the UAE. Established in 1979, we have been at the forefront of the region's recruitment industry for 40 years and were the first firm of our type in the world to achieve ISO9001 certification: a reflection of our constant emphasis on quality and customer satisfaction.
With our well-developed infrastructure and staff strength, we are able to assist you with recruitment needs ranging from junior professionals through to middle and senior management, whatever your industry sector.
BAC's proven regional experience and resources can help ensure that you recruit the best available candidates and enjoy the many advantages of a managed recruitment process.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Dubai based Oil Shipping and Trading Company
A Leading Group In UAE
The Leading Pharmaceutical And Consumer Entity In The UAE
Styro Insulations Materials Ind. LLC
Addmind Hospitality Group