Job description / Role
- Responsible for application and system administrations activities and tasks for third-party solutions and responsibilities may differ from one application to another.
- Monitor application, and document and analyze problems.
- Work closely with vendors for applications installation, configuration and implementation.
- Work closely with Application Team and Infrastructure teams to ensure proper integration of the other applications and systems.
- Work closely with Infrastructure teams and vendors to tune and troubleshoot problems.
- Plan, coordinate, test, and communicate changes, upgrades/maintenance schedules, and new services.
- Develop test plans/cases to verify logic of new or modified applications configuration.
- Develop integration programs between different systems using database procedures, scripts, and web services.
- Work closely with clients, ensuring applications operations will operate correctly in current and future applications environments.
- Provide advice/training to end-users where needed.
- Adhere to DoIT policies and procedure in delivering application administration activities.
- Apply best practices delivering application administration activities.
- Maintain systems administrations activities documentation and knowledge of relevant technologies
- Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline.
- Minimum 3 years of experience of applications and systems support and maintenance in an enterprise environment.
- Applications and system administrations related trainings that may differ from one application to another
- Personal skills related training including Time Management Skill, communication skills, creative thinking, problem solving..etc..
- Accountability Competency
- The Effective Management of Resources Competency
- Focusing on Results Competency
- Focus on Customer Service Competency
- Communication Skills Competency
- Teamwork Competency
- Proven knowledge of supporting enterprise applications in an enterprise environment is required.
- Applications and systems installation, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Applications and system and server administrator skills.
- Knowledge on best practices applied at the domain of application administration
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.