Job description / Role
• Conduct in-depth analysis of specific segments on application and enterprise data integration architecture elements and identify target architectures and gaps from baseline in line with RTA technology strategy.
• Support senior architects in Identifying new and emerging business process automation related technologies and assesses their relevance to RTA technology strategy and architecture.
• Support in developing and implementing enterprise architecture practices and standards to enhance and maintain an accurate, complete, secure and reliable application architectures.
• Support senior architects in creating, reviewing, and improving RTA application architecture practices and standards including but not SOA, EIA, and BPM.
• Support senior architects in establishing design guidelines, standards and requirements of application architecture and ensures that architectural modeling is embedded in RTA technology practices.
• Support senior architects in developing and maintaining application architecture models including conceptual, logical and physical models and ensures that architecture repository includes up-to-date application architecture models.
• Support senior architects in Identifying, evaluating and recommending application architecture alternatives for business cases.
• Support senior architects in providing advice to technology portfolio manager on the portfolio dependencies and re-use of existing application management capabilities from an architecture point of view.
• Support senior architects in during Request for Proposals (RfP) development and evaluates vendors’ proposals for application and enterprise data integration architecture domain.
• Provide advice to project managers on application management programs and projects and manages medium and small business process automation programs and projects as required.
• Evaluate compliance with application architecture principles and standards for various systems and components
• Support senior architects in contributing to project related architecture reviews and ensures compliance with RTA application architecture policies and procedures
• Perform other responsibilities associated with this position when appropriate.
• Bachelor Degree in Information Technology, Computer Sciences or Computer Engineering from a recognized university.
• 8 years of working experience.
• Professional Architect Certificates such as SOA, TOGAF.
• Excellent working knowledge of business process automation and business application standards, frameworks, and design patterns
• Have experience with various best practices/standards in the market such as SOA, SDLC, TOGAF, and COBIT
• Highly analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining complex work processes.
• Computer-literate performer with extensive software proficiency covering wide variety of applications.
• Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
• Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues.
• Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects.
• Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions and resolve complaints.
• Goal-driven leader who maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, mobilizes, and coaches employees to meet high performance standards.
• Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation.
About the Company
The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) came into formation in November 2005. It is responsible for planning and executing transport and traffic projects in Dubai, preparing legislation and strategic plans, planning and constructing the Dubai Metro, developing other integrated solutions of road systems and marine networks that are safe and in line with the city’s economic development plans and the highest international standards.