Job description / Role
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop expertise in power systems, system protection, protective relays and their applications, settings and testing of all related SEL products.
• Help customers apply SEL products through visits, demonstrations, training courses, email, and telephone contact.
• Contribute to product specifications, application and testing software, and literature.
• Participate in SEL marketing and sales activities and industry technical meetings and conferences.
• Teach in customer on-site and online visits, SEL University courses, and hands-on seminars for customers and SEL personnel.
• Maintain customer application and quality information, and develop industry relationships.
• If a Team Lead, support the Regional Technical Manager, and supervise, lead, and develop technical support staff, and serve as the point of contact and decision-maker for your team on technical customer service and support issues.
• If a Team Lead, manage team schedules, performance reviews, expenses, phone duty, and primary customer responsibilities.
• If a Team Lead, plan, promote, and organize all territory technical customer visits, SELU courses, conferences, seminars, customer technical service, and other marketing/sales activities.
• Model, teach and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World-Class Manufacturing principles.
• Understand. Create. Simplify.
• Other duties as assigned.
• B.S. in Electrical Engineering, equivalent degree, or equivalent work experience
• 7 years' experience in power systems, industry practices, and system protection, protective relays and their applications, settings and testing.
• Strong technical training, speaking, writing, and customer service skills
• Ability to direct daily work activities with limited supervision
• Willingness to travel
• Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
• Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
• Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
• Background check results satisfactory to SEL
• Negative drug test result(s)
• M.S. in Electrical Engineering or advanced application experience in Protection
• Published application guides and technical paper at industry conference or in journal
• Experience using SEL products
About the Company
SEL makes electric power safer, more reliable, and more economical. To accomplish this mission, we design, manufacture, and support a complete line of products and services for the protection, monitoring, control, automation, and metering of electric power systems. Our solutions range from comprehensive generator and transmission protection to distribution automation and control systems. The SEL Government Services Division is dedicated to the security, safety, and reliability of electric power at facilities ranging from military base power systems to ships, while Engineering Services provides engineering capabilities and system solutions to national and international customers. SEL University provides training and programs that help our customers meet the technical challenges and complexities of integrating digitally based technologies into the expanding power system infrastructure.
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||7 Feb|
Swisslinx Middle East
Electrical Site Engineer
Facilities Engineer - Electrical (Remote Site Location)
CSG Global Talent
|Abu Dhabi||13 Feb|
MEP Engineer - Buildings