Job description / Role
A leading IT system integrator is seeking an APM presales consultant to join their Dubai team.
Application Performance Management (APM) practice is expanding and there is a requirement for an individual to be in based Dubai (UAE) to cover GCC region to assist with Presales, Training and Implementation effort, it includes:
- Knowledge of Appdynamics APM solution is MUST, understanding of other APM solutions such as Dynatrace, HP is a plus
- Application Performance Management (APM) and Infrastructure Monitoring experience (design, architecture, implementation, support)
- Good understanding of Windows and UNIX environments and Scripting: UNIX: Linux Red hat, AIX, HP-UX, Solaris
- Good understanding and usage of the following programming languages: JAVA, .NET, Node.js, PHP, C, C++, VB Script, Batch, UNIX Shell Script, Perl, Jython, HTML, XML
- Databases: Oracle, Microsoft SQL 2005+
- Web Servers: Jakarta Tomcat, Apache
APM Consultant (AppDynamics) based in HQ (Dubai) for pre-sales and post sales to architect, deploy, support, and train users in the product/solution to our regional customers. Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Presales and Proof of Value/Demo for potential customers
- Conduct Requirements Analysis sessions and customer workshops
- Provide solution designs and complete architecture based on customer requirements
- Scope and instrument custom applications
- Position and demonstrate APM/AppDynamics solution using custom syllabus
- Configuration & customization of APM/AppDynamics solution to meet customer requirements
- Provide system and customization documentation
- System and application instrumentation troubleshooting
- Installation and configuration APM/AppDynamics solution
- Implement integration points to third party solutions
- Provide technical assistance on pre-sales calls and demos
- Provide maintenance tips for the APM/AppDynamics solution
- Travel will be required based on project needs
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems from an accredited University. Master’s degree preferred
- 3-4 years of IT industry experience is required, relevant experience is must
- Experience as a Presales consultant is a must.
- Top quality architecture and development skills using latest technologies including Java,.Net, C++, EJB, RMI, JMS, wireless technologies and in-depth knowledge of J2EE.
- Excellent knowledge of XML, XSL, XML parsers, SOAP, UDDI and WAP.
- Solid background in Object-Oriented analysis and design. Very good at various Design Patterns, UML and Enterprise Application Integration
- Mid-Level skills in Designing and Implementing web servers solutions and deploying Java Application Servers like WebSphere, Web Logic, configuring Apache Web Server and configuring various Servlet engines.
- Ample knowledge of physical and logical data modeling, performance tuning
- Expert-level knowledge of Java programming and SQL
- Good knowledge of Agile methods
- Experience in business process and/or technical consulting
- Experience with IT systems and technology platforms
- Good Communication Skills and ability to work on their own or within a team
- Excellent communication, documentation, presentation and interpersonal skills. Able to explain technical information in everyday language
- Demonstrated capability of documentation software (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Visio; Adobe
- Acrobat; a graphics editing package such as Photoshop, etc.)
- Examples of proven track record of working well with technical SMEs, non-technical managers and project stakeholders
- Good incorporation of training materials
- Uses hands-on training approaches to make the material easier to learn
- Good understanding of best training practices
About the Company
New Sourcing International (NSI) / Bluefin Talent have partnered so to offer a specialized recruitment solution within the Consulting and Financial services domains.
Working together as a specialist search and selection agency, we concentrate on blue chip financial services and strategy / technology consulting organizations across Europe and the Middle East; focusing exclusively on Financial Services, IT and Risk. Being niche allows us to offer a premium search service, tailored to overcome the technically challenging nature of recruitment for the specialist functions that we work.
We are dedicated to representing best of breed candidates in the region in our dedicated fields of employment. As such we are a leading outfit for placing ex-pats and internationally educated students in the region.
Our biggest unique selling point, is that we are steered by a dedicated team of ex-financial services and industry professionals. This allows us to offer a level of candidate pre-screening for roles, which is largely anomalous to the recruitment profession. Our ability to bridge the technical knowledge gap typical recruiters encounter, coupled with a thorough delivery process allows us to drive consistently superior results for our clients sourcing requirements. Designed to provide a fast and efficient turnaround, we minimize the use of internal resources our clients spend vetting inadequate profiles, allowing them to quickly get back to focusing on their strategic goals.
Our strength lies not only in the specialist nature of our firm, but also in the commitment we show towards our clients and candidates. We endeavour to build long-term relationships and recognise the crucial nature of communication throughout the recruitment process. Excellence, integrity, respect and transparency are cornerstone to the culture we promote.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Web Project Manager