Job description / Role
As a member of the team responsible for both Infrastructure and Application production environments, the Application Support Analyst performs a critical function. The team is responsible for ensuring the continuous availability of technology services to end-users. This entails day-to-day operational duties as well as strategic gate-keeping and custodial accountabilities.
Technology Operations is required to provide emergency 1st Line, as well as 2nd Line support for end-users including front and middle office teams, across a broad technology environment and a large application stack.
Allegis Group Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency as set out in the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. It is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, Talentis Solutions, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA.
* Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field
* Relevant experience working within a similar Application or Infrastructure support role within investment banking / capital markets
* Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
* Detail-oriented with a proactive approach to solving problems.
* Flexible approach to working hours as shifts are employed to provide 24x7 coverage.
* Working knowledge or job scheduling and monitoring applications.
* Strong OS knowledge - particularly within the Unix / Linux space
* Broad knowledge of hardware, networking and software fundamentals with solid troubleshooting skills.
* Any interest in cloud computing, emerging tech such as Devops, would be of interest
About the Company
Allegis Group retired the "Talent2" name and re-branded its specialist recruitment professionals brand to Aston Carter.
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment services to companies requiring highly specialised business professionals. We have an unrivalled commitment to delivering first class service to our clients and candidates across professional disciplines, including Information Technology, Finance, Sales, Risk, Credit, Compliance, Operations, Marketing, Audit, HR and Engineering. Although we are retiring theTalent2 brand, our continued alignment with your company's business objectives will remain unchanged. As part of Aston Carter, our global presence gives us access to additional high-level talent, solutions and industry trends to better grow with our customers.
With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider and the world's largest privately owned recruitment firm.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
System Administrator - IT