Job description / Role
Our client is a leading global aviation firm in Dubai. Their IT Department is looking for an Application Specialist to join their IT and Business Improvement team.
As an Application Specialist, you will be responsible for application support and enhancements on the company's propriety platform. You will be working closely with the Product Manager to maintain the product backlog and support queue within agreed thresholds.
As an Application Specialist, other responsibilities will include:
* First point of contact for Business Systems in Dubai.
* Provide Level 1 application support tickets across all sites
* Gather requirements and design for resolution of bugs and small/medium sized change requests.
* Report design and development
* Test systems, including preparation of user test cases, working with end users.
* Prepare and keep current user guides & documentation on all proprietary applications.
* Develop small enhancements and bug fixes.
* Map user's business requirements to technical design.
* Perform analysis on technical and business environment.
* Prepare QA/ test environments including data preparation and scripting along with performing testing of system.
* Participate in DR & BCP activities as required.
* Prepare training and communication material, like user guides.
* Train IT colleagues and end users when required.
* Adhere to internal audit controls as appropriate to department role.
As an Application Specialist, you will have the following:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, Master's degree in technology-related discipline preferred
* Minimum 4 years' experience in an IT development role.
* Background in C#/ MVC/ ASP.NET/ Classic ASP.
* Knowledge and experience in Oracle/ SQL Servers preferred.
* SSRS/ Tableau or equivalent
* Substantial business analysis skills.
* Strong working knowledge in Microsoft web technologies and Azure is essential.
* In-depth knowledge of Agile/ Scrum Methodologies.
* Very good Microsoft Office skills in Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel, ideally MCP certificate as well as SharePoint experience.
About the Company
Robert Walters is one of the world's largest specialist professional recruitment consultancies with 53 offices spanning 24 countries.
We've helped thousands of professionals find permanent, contract and interim roles with leading global corporations, small to medium sized companies and innovative start ups. Our specialist recruitment focus includes: accountancy and finance, banking, engineering, operations, legal, IT, sales, marketing, procurement & logistics, HR and support/administration.