Job description / Role
The role is to provide vision and leadership for developing and implementing IT projects within Aban companies, as well as building the IT applications practice/capability within CNS. The person is responsible to lead the planning and implementation of enterprise IT Application systems (from a Solution Design and Delivery perspective) in line with the business objectives and with a view to optimise costs, improve quality and scalability.
- The ability to understand business objectives of customers and design solutions in accordance with business requirements and oversee the delivery of the projects
- Provide thought leadership with respect to latest developments in the applications world
- Develop and maintain an appropriate IT organizational structure for the applications business unit.
- Assess and provide delivery oversight to all applications projects (internal and external) from a quality and profitability perspective
- Develop relationships with all key stakeholders (internal – Aban) and external (Partner Eco System) and leverage the same to develop the applications business
- The ability to confidently articulate Value Propositions and win customer trust
- Provide mentorship and guidance to develop the applications team in terms of staying relevant and ahead of the curve
- University Qualifications: Engineering/Computer Science graduate. An MBA/Management qualification would be preferred
- Specialist knowledge: The candidate should have evolved from an application/services background starting from delivery (early part of career) and transitioning into solutions architecting/presales (later part of career)
- Client Relationship Management
- Nature and length of previous experience: 10 + years of experience in Information Technology Services (significant part in a reputed applications services company)
Soft Skills and Personality traits:
- Excellent Leadership and presentation/communication skills.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Ability to be calm under pressure
About the Company
Originally established in 1981, The Ghobash Group has become one of the region's most recognized trading and investment companies. As a result of the Group's long-term commitment to business growth and diversification, strategic alliances with partners who share the same values have been formed across a variety of industry sectors, reflecting the Group's intimate knowledge of the regional market place.
This comprehensive understanding of the local and regional markets ideally places the Ghobash Group to identify the best business opportunities in the market.
The Group's extensive regional experience and 400 dedicated employees create a solid infrastructure for the development of new strategic alliances and investments with internationally known enterprises.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Web Project Manager