Job description / Role
The role is to provide vision and leadership for developing and implementing IT projects within Aban companies, as well as building the IT applications practice/capability within CNS. The person is responsible to lead the planning and implementation of enterprise IT Application systems (from a Solution Design and Delivery perspective) in line with the business objectives and with a view to optimise costs, improve quality and scalability.
- The ability to understand business objectives of customers and design solutions in accordance with business requirements and oversee the delivery of the projects
- Provide thought leadership with respect to latest developments in the applications world
- Develop and maintain an appropriate IT organizational structure for the applications business unit.
- Assess and provide delivery oversight to all applications projects (internal and external) from a quality and profitability perspective
- Develop relationships with all key stakeholders (internal – Aban) and external (Partner Eco System) and leverage the same to develop the applications business
- The ability to confidently articulate Value Propositions and win customer trust
- Provide mentorship and guidance to develop the applications team in terms of staying relevant and ahead of the curve
- University Qualifications: Engineering/Computer Science graduate. An MBA/Management qualification would be preferred
- Specialist knowledge: The candidate should have evolved from an application/services background starting from delivery (early part of career) and transitioning into solutions architecting/presales (later part of career)
- Client Relationship Management
- Nature and length of previous experience: 10 + years of experience in Information Technology Services (significant part in a reputed applications services company)
Soft Skills and Personality traits:
- Excellent Leadership and presentation/communication skills.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Ability to be calm under pressure
About the Company
Incepted in the late 70's, Ghobash Group has become one of the resilient business conglomerates in UAE. The privately-owned group has expanded to geographies across the Middle East, Asia, Africa and Europe through its diversified business arms.
Focused on growth through value-creation, Ghobash Group has advanced with successful milestones over the years in its business industries: Technology, Chemicals, Engineering, Oil & Gas, Water, Energy, Pharmaceutical, Retail, Trading and Real Estate.
CNS, GCG Office Imaging, Tawazon Chemical, E&I Emirates, GCG Engineering Services, Arabian Ethicals, Ataya Fashion, Prime Hospitality, and Makeen Properties. The Group has also formed Joint Ventures over the years such as Sahara Center sustaining its momentum of successful milestones throughout the years.
Sustainability, innovation, diversification, and ownership are amongst the key values the Group has been practicing for decades. Working with partners, who share the same values, the Group has added value throughout the years through profitable investment opportunities in both the private and public sectors.
In depth experience, combined with a granular knowledge of the regional economy, enables Ghobash Group to identify, and provide access to the best business opportunities across the region.
Committed to diversified growth, Ghobash Group is headquartered in the United Arab Emirates and services through its offices and factories in Saudi Arabia, Oman, India, Iraq, and Africa.
The Group values its people as family and its customers as long term partners. Embracing excellence yet keeping it personal is a key strength of the Group which is a characteristic that has not faded since its inception.
Driving success through its people and partners, with its diverse business arm, Ghobash group aims to continue to grow adding value with every opportunity, every transaction, every employee life, every partner business, every community across varied geographies.
Together we make a difference.