Job description / Role
Are you interested in building next-generation services that will redefine shopping in the Middle East? We are disrupting the local shopping experience and looking for an experienced Applied Scientist to join us.
In this role you will work on a critical and highly-visible function within MENA Tech.
We are looking for an Applied Scientist with 3+ years of solid experience in solving complex problems using machine learning and data science. As an Applied Scientist, you will build various machine learning models that help us innovate to enhance customer experience. You will need to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats, and work in a highly collaborative environment. We like to move fast, experiment, iterate and then scale quickly, thoughtfully balancing speed and quality. Responsibilities include:
- Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative data science and machine learning solutions to accelerate our business.
- Create experiments and prototype implementations of new learning algorithms and prediction techniques.
- Collaborate with scientists, engineers, product managers, and stakeholders to design and implement software solutions for science problems.
- Use machine learning best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all of the team deliverables.
- M.S. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Data Science, Statistics or a related quantitative field.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in predictive modeling and analysis.
- 1+ years professional experience in software development.
- Proficiency in model development, model validation and model implementation for large-scale applications.
- Ability to convey mathematical results to non-science stakeholders.
- Strength in clarifying and formalizing complex problems.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Data Science, Statistics or a related quantitative field.
- 5+ years of practical experience applying ML to solve complex problems in an applied environment.
- Significant peer-reviewed scientific contributions in premier journals and conferences.
- Strong CS fundamentals in data structures, problem solving, algorithm design and complexity analysis.
- Experience with defining research and development practices in an applied environment.
- Proven track record in technically leading and mentoring scientists.
- Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts.
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.