Job description / Role
DarkMatter is looking for an Apps Cloud Engineer to assist in migrating our world class secure communications solutions to an "as-a-service" cloud platform. To be successful, the candidate will need to be able to:
- Assist in the implementation of a Java service for managing cloud configurations; and
- Work with Terraform configurations to generate Kubernetes based deployments; and
- Be able to test their code and the final Terraform deliverables as well as Kubernetes configuration and deployments.
- Investigate and recommend new technologies to assist our migration from on premise installations to in cloud services.
- Work with the Server and Client Teams to ensure future feature designs are able to be utilized in the cloud with minimal re-work and time expenditure.
- Identify potential pain points and assist with planning and resolution.
- Create deployment configurations for the necessary cloud / kubernetes providers.
Skills / Experience:
- 5+ years experience designing, implementing and testing solutions in Java
- 3+ years experience working with Kubernetes or derivatives (e.g. OpenShift) with working knowledge of deployments, networking and configuration concepts.
- 3+ years experience working with Docker including creating and testing Docker images, deploying into private repositories, best practices and minimizing image sizes.
- Experience with development tools (Git, Jira, Jenkins)
- Experience working with, writing and managing Terraform configurations is a benefit.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.