Job description / Role
We are currently working with a large government entity who have a fantastic reputation in the UAE. Our client is looking to hire an experienced Arabic Paralegal Executive with UAE knowledge in a range of corporate/commercial and intellectual property matters. This position is only for a 6 month project assignment.
• Supporting lawyers in all aspects of their work and responsibilities
• Reviewing memorandum and articles of association and other constitutional documents for the purposes of issuing legal opinion
• Assisting with various aspects of transaction including managing and updating document lists and conditions precedent
• Carrying out company searches and other due diligence as required
• Assisting lawyers with completions, filing security and preparing post-completion transaction reports and closing sets
• Assisting with basic drafting of condition precedent documents (including board minutes and directors' certificates)
• Assisting with the preparation and review of Arabic - English translations
• Dealing with other ad hoc queries and tasks
To be considered for the role, you need to meet the following criteria:
• Must have 3 to 5 years of paralegal experience, preferably someone who has worked with one of the international law firms
• Knowledge and understanding of paralegal work in corporate/commercial/intellectual property transactions, obtained through work experience in a similar environment
• A qualification in law e.g. law degree, etc. (or equivalent) or a certificate as a paralegal
• Confidence to deal effectively with lawyers of all levels and professionals across the firm
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task particularly when working under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Ability to interact positively at all levels and be a good team player
• Methodical approach to work with a strong focus on accuracy
• Familiarity with Arabic terminology used in corporate/commercial/IP transactions is preferable but not essential
• Confident using MS Office, including Word and Excel, and electronic data rooms
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||9 Jan|