Job description / Role
• Perform account analysis and reconciliations including preparation of journal entries.
• Assist with research and planning according to current tax laws and/or generally accepted accounting principles.
• Assist in performing month end close and/or in the preparation of various tax returns.
• Maintain and reconcile fixed asset or other records.
• Assist and/or lead special projects.
• Prepare and analyze financial results of division and/or subsidiary operations for management review.
• Assist in preparation of budgets, product cost analysis and other analysis.
• Continuously identify, measure, and improve processes.
• Other duties as assigned.
B.S./B.A. degree in Accounting or Finance is must.
C.P.A., C.M.A., or Master’s Degree
Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning or Tax systems
Project, tax, and/or cost accounting experience
Experience with Excel
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
About the Company
SEL makes electric power safer, more reliable, and more economical. To accomplish this mission, we design, manufacture, and support a complete line of products and services for the protection, monitoring, control, automation, and metering of electric power systems. Our solutions range from comprehensive generator and transmission protection to distribution automation and control systems. The SEL Government Services Division is dedicated to the security, safety, and reliability of electric power at facilities ranging from military base power systems to ships, while Engineering Services provides engineering capabilities and system solutions to national and international customers. SEL University provides training and programs that help our customers meet the technical challenges and complexities of integrating digitally based technologies into the expanding power system infrastructure.