Job description / Role
On behalf of our client, we are looking for an Associate.
The role of the Associate is to effectively and efficiently manage the cases assigned. The Associate is also tasked with communicating proficiently with the Firm’s clients, maintain and update all Cases assigned to him/her, as well as coordinating between clients and senior colleagues on the cases-in-progress.
The Associate is also to ensure that all administrative aspects of the case assignment are professionally handled. The Associate must be fluent in English with drafting a priority.
Client Communications :
- Effectively communicate with clients and is required to provide prompt updates on the progress of the matter, most notably court hearings.
- Communicate and discuss strategies of the case with the client (subsequent to discussing strategy with senior colleagues of the Firm).
- Report to senior colleagues at all times and regularly meet with the Firm’s senior legal consultants to discuss any relevant case developments.
- If required by the Legal Consultant; correspond with the client and request documents as required for the proceedings/case.
- Attend all client calls; and request and properly file documents received from the client.
Assist Legal Consultants:
- Effectively communicate and coordinate all matters related to the client’s cases with the assigned Legal Consultant
- To review and study the case file and prepare a synopsis of the case including facts and pertinent legal defences/strategies, prior to discussing the case with Superiors.
- To discuss the case documents with the senior members of the team, update on the hearing schedule, and Tribunal submissions,
- To procure documents from the Client as required from time-to-time,
- To assist the Senior Colleagues in meetings with the client.
- To update the Senior Colleagues on Tribunal Session hearings
Liaising with Court Assistants:
- To ensure that the Pleadings and bundles (if any) are drafted and are ready to be filed;
Case File Management:
- To register the cases at the appropriate arbitration center;
- To ensure cases assigned to the Associate are regularly updated on the internal E-Case System;
- To manage, maintain and update the internal case files and ensure that the files are up to date at all times;
- To maintain, update and file all documents related to the matter in the case files, including memoranda, bundles, translated documents, evidence provided by the Clients, minutes of meetings, notes, communications, opponents submissions, letters, invoices, receipts, court receipts etc.
- To ensure that the case files are up-to-date without all documents at all times for review and reference purposes of Legal Consultants and Lawyers.
- To ensure that the client is billed for all cases handled by the Associate.
- To ensure that time-sheets for hourly billed clients are provided to the Accounts Department on monthly basis.
- To check and follow clients on payment of invoices related to government/tribunal fees and translation charges. (The Accounts Department will also follow but this would be an additional follow up with the Client).
- To check with the Accounts Department regularly on payment of government/ tribunal fees received from Clients.
- Graduate with a Law Degree from reputed University.
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years’ experience in a similar capacity with a reputed law firm or legal department with specific experience in Arbitration.
- Good communication skills.
About the Company
With a genuine understanding of what our Clients and Candidates need to succeed, Green Gulf Careers believe that honest and open relationships at every level are paramount to both our success and yours. We have a hugely diverse talent pool and we take the utmost care in matching them to our equally diverse Client base in order to achieve success at every level.
Whilst partnering with organisations across the Gulf, whether it be a SME or a leading Multinational, our team has extensive industry experience and a strong understanding of both the economic trends and cultural business diversities in this region.
When engaging with us, you will deal with a dedicated Consultant who has a strong knowledge of your industry and sector and who will take time to get to know you and your Individual or Company needs. We pride ourselves on our discreet, transparent and service focused approach and to that end, we will form a relationship based on a mutual respect which really assists us understand your requirements. Our experience in industry adds particular value to the recruitment process and whilst we recruit at all levels and disciplines, we offer the same exceptional service levels should you be recruiting a junior member of staff or at Company Director level.