Job description / Role
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
We have an opening for an experienced Architectural Inspector who would be based on a project site in Dubai.
• Inspect and record the construction works carried out by contractor on site and resolve the site generated issues.
• Ensure performance of the work in strict accordance with the approved drawings and specification.
• Involved in supervision and Inspection of 'additional works' and 'out of scope works' carried out by contractor.
• Process the joint measurement (Garden Survey) forms and maintain the records of their status.
• Maintain records of completed works for interim and final payment and as-built plans
• Make special notes and document the contractor's activities that may lead to claims.
• Coordinate and co-operate with Contractors Site Engineer for all the activities on site.
• Adhere to HSEQ (safe working) methods and report to Resident Engineer for any accidents on site.
• Prepare daily report for all the work activities, issues, work approved or rejected, hours of operation, labour and equipment used etc. and sign at the end of each day.
• Responsible to check the ` Day work records ' submitted by contractor
• Maintain records of site resources, daily progress of work, inspections, construction and workshop drawings, method statements and ITPs (Inspector Testing Plans)
• Draft site instructions for any required variations from, or additions to, the contract documents.
• Responsible for checking temperature, compaction, joints and surface of asphalt
• Check all form works, reinforcement etc.
• Check and inspect Children Playground, exercise and Gym equipment
• Check and inspect supply and installation of pressurized irrigation system components
• Know the specifications of HDPE, uPVC, solenoid valve assembly, valve box, pressure test, sprinkler, bubbler, inline dripper, online dripper, drip line.
Why does it matter to our Business?
• As Agriculture Inspector is critical for the successful delivery of the project.
How do I know when I am successful at what I do?
• Be fair and firm in dealings with the contractor.
• Consider the alternatives and consequences carefully before making decisions.
• Maintain good working relationships with the supervision team, contractor and wider stakeholders.
• The client trusts my point of view implicitly.
• Degree in Architecture. With over 5+ years working experience in the UAE, preferably with a recognized architectural consultant
• Previous experience of working as a site based architect.
• Essentially having detailed knowledge of post contract supervision role and responsibilities related to review of contractor's shop drawings, submittals and site inspection procedures
• Knowledge of Autocad, Revit, Navisworks, BIM etc.
• Experience of working on commercial / residential high rise / tall tower building projects
• People managing skill, with excellent written and verbal skills. Able to build excellent client relations through communication and multidisciplinary coordination skills
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.