Job description / Role
• The main objective of this role is to drive the archiving project by converting the old company documentation stock in all manners to a digital format, in result scrap/shred the old documentation after securing the digital copies, he/she will collect, organize, and maintain control over a wide range of primary sources in many formats.
• Creates finding aids in compliance with professional standards and tools to make them available to company staff/Federal Tax Authority/Banks/Auditors/VAT Auditors etc. aids in the use of archival materials.
• Develops policies and/or procedures and directly manages the acquisition, disposition, access to and safekeeping of archival materials, total control of company daily filing process and safe keeping of the same.
• Responsible for providing scans of documents as needed using appropriate digital standards.
• Perform quality check on all archived materials to ensure compliance with company systems.
• Evaluates and coordinates the re-housing and stabilization of archives.
• Develop, arrange, and describes archival collections in accordance with accepted standards and practices.
• Ensures compliance with government regulations related to archives.
• Ensures accurate and up-to-date inventories and reconciliation of archives and records, including spot check inventories.
• Maintains records and prioritizes processing backlog.
• Coordinates the move of archives into new or improved storage conditions.
• Creates finding aids using contemporary tools in accordance with standards and ensures the quality of finding aids created by other staff.
• Conduct training for staff regarding records management and transfer of relevant records to the permanent company archives.
• Develops and implements procedures for the acquisition, processing, digitization, and preservation of archival materials.
• Advises and assists concerned staff in the use of archival materials interprets requirements and consults on archival information.
• Participates in development and implementation of policies and standards for the archives.
• Supervise, train lower-level staff as appropriate.
• Skill in the use of computer with Windows-based operating environment.
• Knowledge of archival and preservation concepts, methodology, and techniques.
• Ability to interpret and evaluate company informational needs and to determine appropriate alternative solutions.
• Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
• Ability to effectively communicate and foster a cooperative work environment.
• Substantial knowledge of scanning systems/process, storage and filing methodology
• Knowledge of automated storage and retrieval systems, electronic records, cloud storage.
• Knowledge of archival ethics and laws relating to archival management.
• Knowledge of the historical contexts governing archival operations.
• Ability to make evaluative judgments.
• Ability to supervise and train employees, organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
• Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
• Knowledge of available sources of archival materials.
• Ability to assess objectives and operational requirements to develop and implement suitable operational policies and/or procedures.
About the Company
Founded in 2012 in Dubai Airport Free Zone UAE, BMG Int. FZCO is a leading mobile phone company that specializes in the trade of Communications devices. With a healthy capital fund and a team of trade experts and industry professionals, BMG opened its doors at a time when mobile phones and telecom products were enjoying a period of flourishing and fast-paced development that lead them to the thriving sector they belong to today.
We partnered with giants such as Apple, Samsung, Huawei and Nokia, Xiaomi we managed to earn a position at the top of the chain, Today, the company continues to provide premium communication services through their head office at the DAFZA, as well as a multitude of other Branches that included Golden Ring Mobile Phones, Al Thurayah Tower , Movie Star Phone, Al Bawasil General Trading , & BMG International General Trading.