Job description / Role
Abu Dhabi, UAE
The Assistant Resident Engineer (Electrical) will assist the Resident Engineer Electrical in administering the operational functions of the day-to-day activities on the project, with specific duties related to construction of a major water pipeline project. He will supervise the execution of the Electrical construction works beside site inspectors working on the construction supervision under his discipline.
In this role, you will plan, schedule, supervise, and exercise administrative authority over all field engineering work. The successful candidate controls field engineering activities prepares construction and procurement schedules, conducts subcontract negotiations, and provides technical guidance to support construction operations in accordance with Company procedures and industry practices.
Willingness to relocate to construction site locations is expected.
• Plans, organizes, and ensures adequate staffing, execution, and monitoring of all field engineering activities and related support operations.
• Provides guidance regarding scope of work, schedules, procedures, field construction problems, and other technical information.
• Determines budget estimates and staffing requirements for the defined scope and schedule.
• Establishes, monitors, and maintains construction engineering quality control in the field.
• Collaborates with construction management to eliminate any hazards associated with the work that may adversely affect the environment or the safety or health of employees.
• Ensures that personnel of the assigned group engage in safe work practices in compliance with site specific safety procedures and industry standards.
• Establishes and maintains a close working relationship with project design engineering, client representatives, and contractors.
• Maintains project control documentation, design drawings and specifications, back charge documents, change orders, etc.
• Monitors contractor performance pertaining to schedule and conformance to plans and specifications.
• Makes decisions regarding long range planning, scheduling, budgeting, work priorities, and personnel.
• Provides advice on field engineering procedures, construction methods, and financial matters to management.
• Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or construction related field
• 8+ years of experience in MV/LV works and field construction is required
• Experience in the construction of water pipeline/pumping stations projects or similar Electrical Projects, including some Electrical construction supervisory experience.
• Electrical installation & inspection activities experience related to major water pipeline projects or industrial water pumping stations.
• Requires a comprehensive knowledge of engineering and construction related processes, as well as industry practices.
• Requires excellent written and oral communication skills, a familiarity with CAD and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering and construction, and the proven ability for performing in a supervisory capacity on a project.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Sr. Electrical Engineer (High Rise Buildings)
A Leading Construction Company in the UAE
|Abu Dhabi||15 Sep|
Quantity Surveyor (Electrical)
Pivot Engineering & General Contracting Company
|Abu Dhabi||4 Sep|
Electrical Design Engineer
Electrical Maintenance Technician
|Abu Dhabi||18 Oct|
AFM Maintenance Engineer (Electrical)
|Abu Dhabi||20 Sep|