Job description / Role
Through Parsons engineering and construction management services, we deliver innovative, safe and sustainable infrastructure in Qatar, Oman, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Bahrain and Kuwait. Our focus is on delivering air, rail, road and highway transportation; water conveyance and/or wastewater treatment; and land development and public infrastructure to our clients and your communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world class infrastructure.
Parsons is the Project Consultant for the operation and maintenance of vegetation/plants in Abu Dhabi main land.
• To oversee operations & maintenance of plants vegetation activity of various agricultural establishment in different locations.
• Supervision and inspection of plants/vegetation related to garden, park, and landscape area.
• Identifying the problem of vegetation about pest attack, plant disease and fertilizer deficiency, other physiological and environment related.
• Analyse the plant specimens for the fungal, bacterial and viral infection in addition to the nematodes and soil pathogens and insects in the soil that may affect the normal growth of the plants and recommend suitable soil insecticides, fungicides, nematicides and bactericides for control of these pathogens.
• Provide practical solution to combat and solve the plant problem.
• Evaluate the efficacy and suitability of new agro-chemicals and agro-organics to be introduced in agriculture activities.
• Prepare weekly, and monthly reports on date palm pests, diseases attack e.g. palm stem borer, red palm weevil and remedial measures.
• Inspect agricultural materials and fertilizers for compliance with laws and regulations governing health, quality and safety.
• Prepare pesticides disposal report.
• Prepare pheromone trap maintenance report for red palm weevil monitoring.
• Coordinate with Client/PMC, the Contractor and related concerned authorities.
• Liaise with all parties for site safety and quality of works.
• Convene and chair regular site meetings about issues related to plant problems and remedial actions.
• Ensure prompt exchange of correspondence and approvals.
• Ensure accuracy and completeness of records.
• Act positively and participate in all health and safety issues at site, as required by the Senior Resident Engineer, and the Project Safety Representative.
• Comply with safety, health and risk management requirements.
• Check and measure the performed work and record and display progress vs. programmed work.
• M.Sc Agriculture/Horticulture/Botany with 5 years related experience OR
• B. Sc Agriculture/Horticulture/Botany with 8 years related experience OR
• Diploma in Agriculture/Horticulture/Botany with 11 years of related experience.
• Must have 3 years related Gulf experience specially in UAE.
• Must have relevant IT skills.
• Excellent command of English.
• Arabic language is preferred.
• Valid UAE driving license.
• Must be available in UAE.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.