Job description / Role
Is one of the key MEO contact points for a Dealer, with the overall responsibility of achieving Service Retention, Retail Parts Sales Objectives; Customer Satisfaction (SSS TOP BOX) and Dealer Network After Sales Profitability, while driving Retail Inventory Management (RIM) Compliance, Dealer Training Certification objectives and GM After Sales Retail Standards.
The overriding goal is to engage his/her dealer(s) in initiatives and actions based on always having the customer in the center and having in place the resources needed to provide a world-class ownership experience at a perceived competitive and fair price.
Business Strategy Execution
- Lead dealers to complete GM MEO Business Plan w/ focused and targeted action items to achieve Service retention, Retail Parts Customer Pay Sales out Targets, SSS Top Box, Fixed Operations Gross Profit, FIRFT and overall related elements, Training Certification objectives, Retail Standards, Defined Customer Focused KPIs and Service Capacity requirements.
- Review BP action items and plans on a monthly basis.
- Consult with dealers to ensure financial health by improving profitability
- Dealer compliance with the implementation of Retails Standards in areas of Service, Parts and relevant CRM
- Overall Dealer’s performance analysis and benchmark through Dealer Business Intelligence (DBI)
- Integrate Dealer’s Service and Parts departments streamlining both overall operation and performance
- Counsel with dealers on the overall performance of dealer Service and Retail Parts departments, including but not limited to
- GM Consultative Service Processes
- Product and Customer focused training
Chevrolet Complete care and Service Lane Program
- Service Advisors and Retail Parts Consultant training
- Vehicle Service Delivery Process
- General service footprint territory coverage
- Appropriate use of Service Retention tools
- Engage in Projects which will achieve the following objectives:
- Retail Parts Sales out Target
- SSS Top BOX
- Service Retention Targets for 1st year, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5-year
- Mech/Bodyshop/Retail Parts GP
- Training Certification
- After Sales Retail Standards
- Retail Inventory Management (RIM) Compliance
- High Frequency Travel on a regular basis in order to address customer service and parts development issues, review implementation of agreed initiatives, monitor performance and follow up on facilities (new green fields, minor and major upgrades)
- Lead or support Retail Parts Customer Pay Sales out Discussion meetings w/dealers to finalize and agree on future CY sales targets based on agreed growth initiatives
- Communicate monthly dealer specific retail Customer Pay parts sales out objectives, and continuously track performance.
- Customer Satisfaction (SSS) tracker report, Voice of Customer (VoC) review and action planning.
- Maintain close cross-departmental integration to ensure support for key overall initiatives and objectives.
- Manage successfully assigned budgets as specified by supervisor
- Prepare accurate Financial Support Requests for funding of dealer tactical retail parts sales out or service retention growth initiatives.
- Submit, on time, accurate and detailed dealer contact report after every dealer visit (one contact report per dealer visit). Maintain ADBP Action plan per dealer. Submit in advance structured visit agendas and on-time travel approval requests.
- Participate in all applicable GM training programs to maintain job proficiency and self-development
- Ensure proficiency with GM systems (i.e. DBI, Retention Portal and SSS Portal)
- Implement initiatives as agreed with supervisor per annum and based on agreed deadlines.
- Improving Customer Satisfaction and identifying for dealer what is considered as adequate facilities and service capacity.
Support driving dealers on the improvement and growth of their service business, including but not limited to:
- Customer Satisfaction (SSS)
- Retail Parts Sales Out Customer Pay Growth
- Service retention initiatives
- After Sales Profitability initiatives
- Total customer experience (appointments, same day delivery)
- Service facility productivity, capacity and expansion
- Retail Standards
Focus will be on sales out growth of GM Parts through assigned Dealers’ mechanical workshops, body shops, branded Quick Services, ACDelco Service Centers and across the retail parts counters to ensure dealer retail parts customer pay sales out targets are met and exceeded. Main responsibilities will be but not limited to:
- Dealer has adequate inventory levels for of the shelf availability for service workshop, body shop, parts counter and new vehicle launches
- Training certification for the different positions are properly tracked and achieved
- Effective implementation and utilization of GM MEO’s Retailer Inventor Management (RIM) system
- Work cross-functionally with Sales & Marketing, PR, Communication, CRM, Digital, Product and Program Development to maintain leadership in cost of maintenance
- Work together with Parts Business Managers and MEDC to achieve GM MEOs overall Parts Retail and wholesale targets
- College degree in business, sales, marketing or engineering
- 3 years professional experience in the automotive industry or other customer- centric industry.
- Strong Knowledge of dealer business management
- General automotive product knowledge
- Bodyshop Management Experience
- Service Management Experience
- Retail Parts Management Experience
- Financial After Sales Business Acumen
- High level of creativity
- High Project Management skills
High Interpersonal skills required for internal and external relationships
- High Analytical skills to be able to interpret data and identify trends
- Strong Presentation Skills
- English written and oral skills
- Arabic Language Proficiency is a plus
- Ability to travel extensively throughout the region
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and deal with a high degree of conflicting priorities
- Relationship Building
- Customer Focus
- Business acumen
- Decision Quality
- Managerial Courage
- Organizational Agility
- Negotiation Skills
About the Company
General Motors Company (NYSE:GM, TSX: GMM), one of the worlds largest automakers, traces its roots back to 1908. GM and its strategic partners produce cars and trucks in 31 countries, and sell and service these vehicles through the following brands: Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Holden, Isuzu, Jiefang, Opel, Vauxhall and Wuling. GMs largest national market is China, followed by the United States, Brazil, the United Kingdom, Germany, Canada and Russia. GMs OnStar subsidiary is the industry leader in vehicle safety, security and information services.
With its global headquarters in Detroit, GM employs 209,000 people in every major region of the world and does business in more than 120 countries. GM is headquartered in four major locations: GM Europe; North America (GMNA); South America; and GM International Operations (GMIO) is located in Shanghai, China. GMIO covers Asia Pacific and Middle East.
GM Middle East started in 1920s and the brands that are sold in the region are Cadillac, Chevrolet and GMC supported by a unique set of customer-focused services. GM parts and accessories are sold under the GM Parts and ACDelco brands. The regional office in Dubai covers the companys operations in Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE and Yemen in 20 dealerships.
GM has 2 facilities here in Middle East one is in Dubai World Trade Centre and the other, Middle East Distribution Corporation, which is located in Jebel Ali.