Job description / Role
We are looking for an Area Inventory Planner to be responsible for the management and control of inventory for one or more sites in the Area in line with the targets set. The person will decide what to have in inventory, how much to have in inventory and when to re-order. If you are a specialist in inventory planning and management with predictable availability and minimum excess stock as the main objectives, then this is the role for you.
The Area Inventory Planner will report to the Area Inventory Supervisor.
What you will be doing:
• Develop and obtain approval for inventory targets based on market and business objectives.
• Plan to secure availability of Port Product Offer (PPO).
• Communicate and cooperate with Supply Operations to ensure availability meets local demand.
• Keep Excess Stock at a minimum; includes excess and obsolete inventory analysis followed by execution.
• Manage and execute the reshuffle potential, i.e. consolidation of inventories through re-shuffling actions within own Area or recommendations of such when the potential is across Areas.
• Re-order to inventory; creating re-order proposals, validating results for reasonableness and re-ordering according to defined distribution models and in line with demand and forecasts available.
• Set up and maintenance of a Supply Chain Matrix (ref. Auto Sourcing) in line with the optimal distribution model.
• Liaise with incoming goods department on discrepancies of orders and hold reports, including follow up.
• Control and follow up suppliers to meet agreed and confirmed delivery dates; per purchase order and includes updating of purchase orders accordingly.
• Support Finance when needed on supplier invoice control, hereunder approval of and discrepancies attached to Supplier invoices.
• Monitor Supplier Performance and work with Strategic Procurement in their Supplier follow-up.
• Assist and support Strategic Procurement in the initial purchase of new products (includes configuration, palletizing, min order quantity, etc.
• Participate, contribute and execute assigned actions – hereunder projected inventory levels - attached to the phase-in of “new” products.
• Participate, contribute and execute assigned actions attached to the phase-out of “old” products.
• Proactively monitor increase or decrease in demand of products and advise/verify with counterparts.
• Actively follow up on standard KPI measurement reports and create agreed additional KPI reports and provide miscellaneous analytical support attached to inventory management.
• Actively participate in any structured and results-driven process to improve inventory efficiency over time.
• Create and maintain all basic data attached to - and important for - order processing and re-ordering (service levels, preferred suppliers, lead times and other inputs required).
• Responsible to ensure that practices at all times comply with the regulatory approvals, permits and certification for all products and services within the defined quality, labour conditions, health, safety & environmental systems, procedures and business practices of the organisation.
AED 10,000 to 12,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Diploma or Degree in Logistics or Supply Chain Management or similar discipline.
• Minimum 2 years of relevant working experience in inventory planning and operations management.
• Excellent knowledge of ERP systems, Inventory Planning solutions and MS Excel.
• Good knowledge of transportation and storage of dangerous goods.
• Able to communicate effectively within a multinational environment.
• Able to manage and motivate own and externally employed service personnel.
• Able to work on own initiative.
• Able to work independently as well as in a team.
• Able to co-operate across organization lines internally and towards customers.
• Systematic and accurate nature.
About the Company
Excelsior is a bespoke HR and recruitment consultancy, specialising in the Security, Facilities Management, Education and Automotive sectors. Excelsior provides a high quality, reliable and affordable solution to companies in these sectors.
Exciting opportunities and market insights will be regularly posted on this page. If you are a talented individual looking for a change, then our highly experienced Consultants are ready to match you with an exciting new career opportunity.
Operations Executive - Logistics
Search Heads Middle East
A Leading Company In UAE
Logistics Coordinator - Import & Export Documentation
Sun Global DMCC
Supply Chain Executive