Job description / Role
The role of an Area Manager is to increase sales and profitability through the leadership and development of Store Managers. Effectively manage costs in line with agreed budgets. Ensure the delivery of exceptional operational and commercial standards throughout and maintain compliance in all areas of operational activity.
• Establish quality control metrics suitable to maintain Trafalgar's operation standards
• Develop retail operations strategy in line with overall sales plan.
• Clearly communicate business objectives to managers individually or through managers meetings.
• Conduct managers quarterly review process in conjunction with Sales manager
• Liaise with different departmental functions to ensure correct support and consistency of communication.
• Ensure all showrooms have the correct staffing structures based upon sales performance and allocated budgets.
• Coordinates with HR manager to recruit and assign correct profiled staff to appropriate brands/showrooms.
• Ensure all staff complete structured induction process.
• Work in coordination with HR manager to develop succession plan for Area of responsibility.
• All employees to have Personal Development Plan (PDP) based upon appraisal score
• Creates a positive work environment that supports staff retention.
• Achieve Mystery shopper targets through development and focus of showroom teams
• Liaise with brand managers maximize stock allocations to exploit sales potential.
• Ensure discount policy is adhered to at all times.
• Support delivery of all Marketing campaigns.
• Ensure showrooms comply with all aspects of Company Code of Conduct.
• Provides timely feedback to senior management on showroom performance
• To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by the Sales Manager.
• Identify new site opportunities, new projects, events etc in liaison with the Sale Manager.
• Take responsibility for self development.
• Identifying relevant quality-related training needs in our showrooms and coordinates with training manager to create plan and deliver these trainings.
• Develop showroom operational manual and stores KPI’s in conjunction with sales manager
• Excellent leadership skills with the ability to drive and motivate performance through effective coaching.
• Ability to work effectively across groups and departments and have a cross-functional mindset.
• Ability to train and develop the skills and knowledge of direct reports.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Must have strong analytical and management skills, as well as the ability to "multi-task" and prioritize on potential targets.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Fluent English/Arabic speaking, reading, and writing proficiency are required.
• Ideally previous multi site/area retail management experience.
About the Company
Trafalgar is an internationally recognized luxury retailer with 14 specialized boutiques in Kuwait and over 40 years of operating expertise. From its humble beginnings in 1972, Trafalgar continues to build in popularity as it provides its loyal customers the best in fine jewellery, watches and couture.
The brands in Trafalgar’s portfolio have steadily increased during the past decade. Today, Trafalgar represents many of the highly recognized and respected luxury brands. Although its focus was the watch and jewelry field, Trafalgar has over the past 7 years entered the world of fashion. With a portfolio of 14 POS spread throughout the most recognized shopping centers of Kuwait, over 150 employees, and an unmatched reputation for professional ethics, Trafalgar is well geared to meet future challenges.
Remaining true to its identity as an independent company, Trafalgar today is managed by Amer Alansari and his wife Christiane. Combining their individual strengths (Amer Alansari’s educational background in business management and hospitality, and Christiane’s in the field of retailing and fashion design), the company is looking forward to the many new adventures it will surely face.