Job description / Role
Job Accountabilities & Responsibilities
• Achieve Area monthly budget and profitability targets.
• Review stores P&L reports with SM’s.
• Sets annual/monthly /weekly/daily/ budgets.
• Ensure targets are achieved & execute recovery plans while maximizing sales opportunities.
• Monitor inventory, sell through and availability for each assigned store and work closely with Brand Team and merchandisers to ensure an adequate product mix and sell through is achieved.
• Oversee the salary administration process for assigned stores/area, including reward schemes.
• Work with Retail Manager in developing and monitoring annual budgets (P&L by store)
• Implement execution of commercial and marketing plans for each store as required.
• Consistent execution and compliance with ABM Retail operating standards, guidelines and procedures through frequent store visits, including monthly Commercial/operational audits.
• Coaching and development of store management.
• Identify and share best practices within and across Stores, promote and monitor improvement processes.
• Ensure markdown/POS/transitions are correctly executed and on time.
• Ensure POS and inventory management systems accuracy through ongoing training and stocktake implementation
• Ensure H&S and LP standards are achieved and maintained in assigned stores.
• Take projects responsibility with the Retail manager for new store openings.
• Ensure consistent execution of merchandise layouts: i.e. merchandise intensity, ensure appropriate space allocation – product to floor space, Visual Standards execution.
• Ensure integrated execution of retail marketing campaigns (staff, product, POP) to achieve high return vs. marketing investments.
• Ensure VM standards are maintained at all times
• Ensure store management teams are consistently achieving the highest customer service standards.
• Develop a consistent district training model/calendar (customer service, operational standards, policies and procedures).
• Ensure implementation of all training directives, agree and set targets, monitor and report on results.
• Identify development needs and set smart goals in order to continuously improve execution.
• Participate in recruitment of Store teams, co-ordinate recruitment for vacancies.
• Arrange induction to new employees.
• Lead, develop and evaluate managers and staff performance by coaching & training and monthly KPI reviews.
• Supervise and establish performance objectives for Store Managers through annual goal setting
• 4+ years gained in retail environments, in a similar position.
• Proven working experience as area manager
• Drive for results and leaderships skills
• Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
• Advanced communication and interpersonal skills
• Comfortable working with numbers, metrics and spreadsheets
• Excellent command of the English language
• Excel proficiency
About the Company
Al Boom Marine is a leading lifestyle retail and distribution company that operates in the GCC and MENA regions, with more than 25 brands and over 60 retail through concept and own multibrand stores, as well as more than 300 active wholesale accounts. Concepts and brands diverse from lifestyle, leisure and watersports to tech and accessories.
Established in 1987, Al Boom Marine is successfully growing geographically and commercially, working continuously on entertaining its clients within the categories it caters for, mostly related to people's leisure time.
Al Boom Marine started as a distribution company selling eyewear, apparel, footwear, equipment and accessories of its popular watersports, surf and lifestyle brands across the GCC to major sports and optical accounts. Acquiring the distribution rights of GoPro in the region, our client base now includes top electronic retail chains across the region.
The retail division is entertaining our customers through our own multi-brand stores (Beyond The Beach) and concept stores of Oakley, Rip Curl, Tommy Bahama, New Era, Seafolly and Animal. Our retail chain varies from mall stores to street and hotel concepts.