Job description / Role
Our client, a prominent event management organisation in UAE is currently looking for a Art Festival Director to be based in Abu Dhabi. In this role, you will provide specialized and internationally accredited art know how in the sphere of planning, arranging, sustaining as well as improving events/programs that cater to the company’s strategic objectives in the visual arts and exhibitions. Additionally, you will conduct and provide on-going research to support the development of visual arts initiatives and exhibitions while directly reporting to the Senior Consultant of Programming and Production.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Overseeing Visual arts exhibitions, commission from research and planning phases to delivery.
• Managing all supplementary events while liaising with the Artist(s) and his/her representative, external partners and other company departments.
• Manage and develop Visual Art initiatives by building the artists’ register (internally and online), building the artists resource, issuing bulletins to artists, monitoring the UAE’s national visual arts sector, undertaking consultations with artists
• Facilitating Emirati artist visits to schools & universities and advocating the Emirati arts sector through case studies, advocacy documents, presentations, guides; respond to all enquiries in a timely manner.
• Develop and manage the art collections by maintaining an inventory, taking annual stock take, ensuring suitable storage conditions, developing loan policy & process, managing internal and external exhibitions, overseeing and advising the Founder on acquisitions.
• Undertake national and international mapping studies of arts education, community arts and other areas that will contribute to staff knowledge and the strategic direction and development of the Foundation in the realm of visual arts
• Write case studies related to visual arts and exhibitions as required by the Founder.
• Execute projects and lead on exhibitions in local and/or international galleries and coordinate with other departments according to the needs of the project.
• Project manage and execute contemporary Emirati art exhibitions in collaboration with local and international partners on a case-by-case basis.
• Project manage the company’s presence at the Art Exhibition in liaison with the General Manager and other departments.
• Coordinate and contribute to cross-departmental projects with specific knowledge in the visual arts such as supporting Grants or Award committees.
• Provide specific research to the General Manager as and when required.
To be considered for this role, you must meet the following criteria,
• At least a bachelor’s degree in arts or equivalent
• Minimum of 8 years relevant experience in research, development and project management in an arts organization/foundation
• Advanced project and budget management skills
• Extensive knowledge of visual arts and exhibitions
• Advanced presentation skills
• Advanced relationship management skills
• Advanced technical English Language Skills such as report writing
• Advanced Network and Communications Skills
• Intermediate knowledge and application of research techniques
• Intermediate level of documentations and interpretation of research findings
• Intermediate analytical skills
• Intermediate computer literacy
Disclaimer: Black Pearl will never ask for money or any form to charge our candidates just to process or consider their application for any of our available vacancies. If you happen to receive such request from any members of our staff or other individuals claiming to be part of Black Pearl, please do call our office.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.
Senior Project Manager
Currie & Brown
|Abu Dhabi||28 May|
|Abu Dhabi||19 Apr|
RTC-1 Employment Services
Sponsorship and Business Development Manager
Black Pearl Consult
|Abu Dhabi||17 Jun|
Project Manager / Program Manager - Co-Brand Card / Credit Card
Manpower Middle East