Job description / Role
UAE University is seeking an exceptional person who can manage the day to day operations of the university galleries and activity areas of the C4 Art Center. The Director of Operations will oversee the completion of the art center construction according the vision of the UAEU administration, and prepare the opening at the beginning of the 2021 Fall term. In addition, the DoO will be mentoring students and volunteers while providing art training and fostering a supportive environment that values creativity, diversity and mutual respect.
Tasks and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Oversee the optimal use of the art Center facilities through robust scheduling, booking arrangements, contract management, and all aspects of production for programs and events.
• Oversee the operations, advertising and promotion, technology improvements, and asset safeguarding.
• Prepare annual budget and manage financial resources throughout the fiscal year, following the university policies, including financial reporting, revenue forecasting, and revenue goals for the C4 Art Center.
• Identify and pursue opportunities for increased public support, maintaining relationships with local, regional, and international arts funders.
• Develop and implement short- and long-range plans, operational objectives, policies and procedures and identify and formulate strategies that support the continuous operational and programmatic improvement at the C4 Art Center.
• Prefer a Masters degree in Fine Arts, Curation or Museum Studies or equivalent work experience.
• Previous experience as a gallery director, curator, or event management coordinator
• Knowledge of the current art scene trends and historical understanding of both Western and Arab/Islamic art and preferably Asian art.
• gallery operations & fine art, digital art, music, studio safety & management, and printing technologies
• Knowledge of digital, 4D and music technologies, although not necessarily of the technological expertise in these areas
• Previous experience with marketing, including press releases
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage a small staff
• Preferable knowledge of art center budgeting and facilitation needs.
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.
|Abu Dhabi||1 Mar|
Digital Art Director - Global Agency
Right Calibre Executive Search
Cultural Affairs Manager
Senior Graphic Designer
Big Fish Recruitment