Job description / Role
Assembly, Maintenance & Overhaul (AMO) Technician III - Drilling Services
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only full stream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Baker Hughes is looking to hire Assembly, Maintenance & Overhaul (AMO) Technician - Drilling Services
- Troubleshoot, test, assemble, disassemble and perform visual inspection of electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Review procedures for assembly, disassembly and test verification accuracy.
- Configure test stations and systems.
- Analyze and interpret data from environmental tests and troubleshoot equipment problems.
- Assist in the set-up of experiments and the recordings of experimental data in collaboration with Engineering and Reliability groups.
- Test and evaluate the performance, and if required, repair general purpose test equipment.
- Provide coaching to other technicians in areas of proven competence.
- Provide leadership to technicians in a work group team.
- Inspection and disposition of parts and equipment.
- Compliance with HS&E policies and procedures
- Technical diploma or Associates degree in Electronics or Mechanical field.
- Have 2-3 years of experience
- Competent in fluid power technology, AC/DC circuits and electro-mechanical devices.
- Proficient in English Language
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams, assembly prints and parts lists and follow formal procedures and maintenance practices.
- Proficient in the use of measurement and gauging equipment and processes.
- Proficient in the use of multimeters, megohmmeters, hi-pot testers and other basic instruments.
- Advanced level of analytical ability to find solutions to complex technical problems.
- Advanced skills in soldering and assembling of electro-mechanical devices.
- Advanced computer skills
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United Arab Emirates; Dubai; DUBAI
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.