Job description / Role
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
Serco is looking for an Asset Maintenance Officer to join the Asset & Transport Team at MELABS. The purpose of the role is to support the Asset & Transport Team Leader to effectively execute vehicle and MHE's maintenance, pool vehicle management, record keeping, compilation and issuance of reports.
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Monitor the fleet management software system (CAFM) and respond to any new maintenance request
- Raise new work orders in CAFM for schedule and un schedule maintenance requirements
- Coordinate with vehicle custodian for the call in of vehicle/MHE maintenance
- Coordinate with relevant supplier for the vehicle/MHE maintenance
- Coordinate with supplier and customer for "Mobile Service" for minor servicing
- Conduct vehicle handover/hand backs and update records in CAFM
- Coordinate with customer and supplier to obtain "Age dispensation" Letter and "Letter of No Objection" when requested
- Records any damages on the vehicle handover forms and report immediately to the line management
- Coordinate with customer and the supplier for asset "Registration Renewal" where applicable on timely manner
- Coordinate with customer and the supplier for asset "Load and calibration Test" where applicable on timely manner
- Monitor the ADF Pool Vehicle Fleet in CAFM and allocate any new vehicle requests immediately
- Track the ADF Pool vehicle usage for month end reporting
- Ensure all ADF Pool vehicles are maintained, cleaned and fueled at all times
- Inspect the ADF Pool fleet and the Transport Fleet on a daily basis and report any damages to the line management
- Report any incidents/accidents to the Asset & Transport Team Leader immediately
- Compiling of reports, record keeping and data collection
- Coordinate with supplier for service records
- Update CAFM work orders of the vehicle maintenance details for month end reports
- Provide effective communication with management, peers, client, subcontractors, carry out other duties as directed by the line management to the benefit of the Serco services to the Client.
- Ensure all data for Asset Maintenance, Transport Fleet and the ADF Pool Fleet is captured in CAFM and all records are up to date
What we are looking for in our candidates
- Be courteous and respectful providing customer service excellence
- Excellent customer service communication skills
- Able to work under stringent deadlines and high-pressure environment
- Experience operating in an autonomous capacity
- Experience with shift working
- Customer Service experience
- Good communication and interpersonal skills at an individual and team level.
- Knowledge of the property and facility management sector
- Technical knowledge of building services operations an advantage
- Experience in use of Maximo or CAFM system an advantage
- Minimum 3 years' experience as an administrator/ coordinator in a fleet operational environment or similar.
- Possess valid UAE driving license grade 3 (light vehicle)
- Intermediate skills with MS office tools
- Ability to communicate in English (verbal, reading & writing), Arabic an advantage
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.