Asset Management - Head of Strategy and Sales
Job description / Role
Our client is a multibillion-dollar regional asset management firm. They have obtained their DIFC status and are looking to expand their offshore operation by hiring a seasoned asset management sales professional who can put together a client-centric product & sales strategy.
Our client is a multibillion-dollar regional asset management firm who investment across GCC equities & fixed income on behalf of institutional clients.
The role presents an opportunity to work with a renowned regional asset management firm and build their DIFC business. As a regulated, governed business with strong operational and technological capability, the role requires the incumbent to commercialise their set-up and build a strong, asset management business out of the DIFC.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Assessing existing capabilities across asset classes, sectors & geographies
* Solving for additional fund capability across equities & fixed income not limited to creating products or hiring specialist fund managers
* Building a product-cohesive institutional sales strategy, targeted at regional family offices, HNWIs, pension funds, insurance firms, and smaller SWFs
* Recruiting, coaching & leading a lean team to assist with business development efforts
* Leading a strong, consistent CRM strategy with a client-centric approach
* Setting the overall 1, 3 and 5-year strategy of the business
* Developing the profile of the business by representing the client's brand with utmost integrity
Ability to have an impact, autonomy
* Will have an overall of 15+ years of regional institutional sales experience - will have a proven track record of growing AUM and leading a team
* Will have strong product understanding across equities & fixed income
* Will have a strong network of regional investors directly - family offices, HNWIs, insurance firms, pension funds, SWFs - and through distribution channels
* Will be able and willing to travel with region as required
* Will have an excellent academic track record from top-tier institutions; will be Degree qualified and preferably have an MBA/ Master's Degree
* Will have excellent communication and presentation skills
* Arabic is not a pre-requisite, but advantageous
* Will have commendable work ethic - the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Warehouse General Manager
Outlet Store Manager