Job description / Role
Providing water, energy and waste management solutions for 160 years, Veolia offers public authorities and industries with a range of water, energy and waste management services vital to human development and sustainable growth in 48 countries around the world. We continue to adapt and innovate inline with economic growth and human development by designing and implementing solutions that will have a positive impact on the environment and resources. As Veolia Resourcers, our goal is to build a better 21st century.
In the Near & Middle East, Veolia works with industries, governments and communities, retail and commercial businesses to deliver innovative and sustainable solutions that are needed today and in the future. Through public-private partnerships and innovative contractual schemes, Veolia is committed to achieving quantifiable results with sustainable, pragmatic environmental solutions.
More than 3,000 employees in the Near & Middle East (in addition to the 5,000 for Enova which reports directly to Veolia AMO, for Facility Management and energy Efficiency contracts in the ME)
A strong local network across the region (UAE, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, KSA,Lebanon,Jordan, Turkey)
30 years of sustainable partnerships with more than 6,000 reference
MAGMA Waste Treatment Services will operate and maintain two industrial Waste Treatment Facilities (IWTF) in Ruwais (Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates) with around 200 employees.
The Hazardous Waste Treatment Facility (HWTF or BeAAT) includes TDU, deoiling tricanter, Stabilization, Class I and II landfill, PCT, mercury treatment unit, and Incineration lines with a capacity around 60 KTA;
The Natural Occurring Radioactive Materials Treatment Facility (NORM) is a new 6,5 KTA decontamination facility, including a high pressure water descaling system, incineration and encapsulation of ashes.
Two / third of the assets were commissioned in 2021 and some alignment works, process, procedures should be implemented to comply with Veolia standards.
The Asset Manager will be responsible for the definition of strategy and the effective asset management and asset performance of the integrated waste-treatment facility. They execute the day-to-day asset management of both facilities, and supervise asset teams and sub-contractors. The Asset Manager is also responsible for the achievement of technical, financial, quality and HSE goals in their scope.
This position reports to the Maintenance Manager.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive asset management strategy aligned with the plant's goals and objectives in coordination with the operations director and maintenance manager.
• Define asset management plans, policies, and procedures to ensure optimal performance, reliability, and longevity of assets.
• Regularly assess and evaluate asset performance, making recommendations for improvement.
• Assess, optimize, and improve the behavior and deterioration of existing systems and units.
• Define a schedule for implementing asset management changes, including training and tracking.
• Propose improvements for cost-optimisation, technical performance and improved plant availability
• Optimize and maintain the Asset Management database, ensuring accurate operational data and managing the interface with IT and O&M teams.
• Supervise Asset team, ensuring staff availability, recruitment and training.
• Responsible for condition monitoring and supervision of CMMS
• Ensure that all safety measures are defined and implemented to support AM activity
• Supervise warehouse and store-keeping spare parts, workshop, vehicles, materials and inventory
• Develop and manage the asset management budget, including forecasting and cost control measures.
• Monitor expenses related to asset maintenance, repairs, and replacements, identifying opportunities for cost optimization without compromising operational integrity.
• Support CAPEX implementations; improve and propose new projects to CAPEX plans in their area.
• Work closely and collaboratively with the Operations teams and Support teams.
• Be available for on-call during emergency situations and plant breakdowns when necessary.
• Participate in relevant procurement activities, including RFQs and contract negotiation, and supervise subcontractors.
• Prepare technical, operational and financial reports relating to their areas of responsibility.
• Ensure a smooth transition at the beginning of the contract within their area of responsibility.
• Ensure contractual, ethical and statutory compliance in their activities
• Foster collaborative long-term working relationships with the facilities’ management and staff.
• Improve and track HSE performance and overall performance within their scope, considering O&M KPIs.
• Apply all relevant HSE measures in line with regulations and Veolia policies.
• Ensure the safety of staff working under her/his leadership.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Facilities Management, or a related field.
• 15+ years industry experience, including 5 years’ experience in a similar position in a hazardous waste treatment plant. International experience is a plus.
• Technical and operational experience in a similar plant or facility
• Experience with ISO 55001-2014 Asset Management quality system.
• Knowledge of 5S methodology will be a plus.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, identifying, anticipating and addressing potential issues proactively.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks effectively.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and maintenance management software.
• Professional Engineer (PE) license is preferred.
• Ability to work in a hazardous waste treatment plant environment.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time and perform physically demanding tasks, such as climbing ladders and lifting heavy equipment.
• Ability to wear personal protective equipment, including respirators and chemical-resistant clothing.
• Good knowledge of oral and written English. Knowledge of other languages is a plus.
• Willingness to be based full-time in Al Ruwais, Abu Dhabi.
• Willingness to work in a 24/7 operations environment on a shift basis (6 days on, 6 days off; 12 hours/day).
As an inclusive company, Veolia is committed to diversity and gives equal consideration to all applications, without discrimination.
About the Company
Veolia is the world's largest environmental services company.
For over 160 years, Veolia has provided public and private sectors with Water, Energy and Waste Management solutions and services which are vital to human development and sustainable growth.
With over 200,000 employees on five continents, Veolia designs practical solutions for the management (operation, treatment, distribution and/or supply) of Water, Waste and Energy. Through these three complementary activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, to preserve available resources and to renew them.
Veolia Group achieved revenues of EUR 28.5billion in 2021. (In 2020) the Veolia Group served 95mn inhabitants with drinking water, 62mn with sanitation, produced nearly 43mn MWH of energy, and recycled 47mn tonnes of waste.
Veolia aims to become the benchmark company for ecological transformation. Our goal is to build a better 21st century. We therefore see ourselves as #resourcers.
VEOLIA IN THE NEAR & MIDDLE EAST
Veolia has operated in the Middle East for over 30 years, providing innovative and sustainable water & waste services to industries, governments & communities, retail and commercial businesses.
Veolia has more than 3,000 employees in the Near & Middle East and a strong regional network of ~12 offices in the UAE, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Jordan, Lebanon, and Turkey.
Veolia currently has over 6,000 project references of work delivered in the region, and continues to develop new projects through public-private partnerships and innovative contractual schemes.