Job description / Role
To assist the Accountant and Administration team with day to day functions in order to provide high quality customer service.
• Manage the invoicing/ banking/collection of monies using Focus software in line with Taaleem protocols
• Manage school invoicing & collections for trips, examinations & other activities
• Follow-up of accounts receivable as per Taaleem protocols
• Prepare refund requests and related protocols in Focus
• Keep the daily accounts updated so that information can be shared with the Principal and CO Finance team
• Reconcile of students with class register and admissions
• Support the Admissions Manager with all necessary support for student enrollment
• Manage the day to day petty cash system
• Process all vendor payments and staff expense claims
• Deal with the administration of supply teacher salary/paper work
• Support the HR Advisor with the financial implications of teacher absence
• Deal with the finances of any professional development request authorized by the SLT
• Assist Principal in preparation of annual budgets & implement procedures to maintain tight budget control and have available reports for the Principal on the current budget status
• Process annual order & supplier payments
• Take care of any required data entry and /or changes that need to be made in Focus
• Undertake the daily banking reconciliation and associated reports
• Other duties as reasonably expected
• A university degree in accounting or finance. Minimum 1 to 2 years working experience in accounting.
• Organized and attention to detail.
• Very good communication and presentation skills.
• Excellent command of written and spoken English.
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Excellent MS Office skills a must – especially MS Word, Excel.
The Assistant Accountant will be responsible to carry out the day to day to financial responsibilities such as:
• Raising and sending invoices
• Collecting and chasing fees.
• Printing and receipt forwarding
• Filed trip collection and filing
• Supporting with procurement
• Assisting in Internal & External Audit
• Email and other general enquiries
• Daily System updates
• Any other general administrative duties as assigned
About the Company
Taaleem’s main activity is the development and management of early childhood, primary and secondary schools. With quality at the forefront of our offering, we tailor each project to answer the specific educational requirements of a wide range of families by offering top international curricula including British, American, the International Baccalaureate and our custom early childhood programme.
Taaleem, which means education in Arabic, is committed to inspiring students and helping them to identify and develop their passions and talents. We only recruit the best international teachers who are capable of delivering our international curricula in a creative and engaging manner.
Taaleem is seeking to raise the educational standards in the region. The combined experience of its core team of senior education leaders in international education policy, operations and global management best practices means Taaleem is well positioned to ensure the creative of truly exceptional schools that satisfy the most comprehensive and exacting education developmental requirements.