Job description / Role
The Department of Paediatrics, College of Medicine and Health Sciences (CMHS), UAE University, is seeking candidates for faculty positions in several paediatric subspecialties, as Assistant, Associate or Full professor, commensurate with qualification and previous experience.
The College of Medicine operates an internationally recognized, integrated, problem/team-based learning curriculum and provides excellent research facilities. It has been ranked as 301-350 in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020, and 38th best university in Times Higher Education Asia University Rankings 2020. It has also been ranked 38th amongst the elite top 50 Asian universities in 2020.
The paediatric department is also widely recognized for its excellence in medical education and in research.
A brief description of the role is as follows:
• The appointee will be involved in the undergraduate teaching and examination of medical students and in the paediatric residency and fellowship programs in our affiliated teaching hospitals. In addition to paediatric clerkship, which is the core of our educational work, involvement in teaching and examining preclinical students is also expected.
• Clinical service at consultant level will be provided, with inpatient, outpatient and on-call duty, at the teaching hospitals affiliated to the university (Tawam and Al Ain hospitals) both accredited by the Joint Commission International Accreditation (JCIA).
• Active participation in educational and college administrational functions, including committees, is also expected.
• Clinical and/or laboratory-based research with clinical colleagues in the affiliated teaching hospitals and with other CMHS faculty is expected and encouraged.
• International research collaboration is encouraged. Research productivity is an integral part of these positions as it is a major requirement for promotion and contract renewal.
• Maintaining, developing and nurturing ongoing research collaboration with the candidates' international colleagues is expected.
• Candidates for these positions must hold at least an MD or MBBS degree, in addition to a certification of specialization and sub specialization in their field by the American Board or equivalent from Europe, Australasia or North America, with recognized advanced training in their respective subspecialty.
• Applicants should also have a track-record in teaching at the undergraduate and graduate level including designing curricula, organizing and overseeing courses.
• Familiarity with the is desirable.
• Previous experience in research and in medical education are important prerequisites in order to establish a pathway for future career progression in our university.
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||14 Sep|
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||7 Jul|
Assistant Professor \ Associate Professor - College
University of Science & Technology of Fujairah
Subject Teacher - Middle School
Ajman American Private School
Subject Teacher - UK Curriculum, US Curriculum