Job description / Role
The Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine and Health Sciences (CMHS), UAE University, seeks a candidate for faculty position at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor/Full Professor in General (Internal) Medicine and Neurology. The CMHS operates an internationally recognized, integrated and problem-based curriculum and provides excellent research facilities. The primary missions of the College of Medicine are education and research, but clinical practice opportunities in affiliated teaching hospitals are available too.
The successful candidate will therefore engage in teaching undergraduate preclinical and clinical medical students. The appointee will also be involved in the organization of clinical examinations in Internal Medicine and Clinical Neurology for MBBS and postgraduate certification (Arab Board, MRCP, etc.). There will also be an opportunity to take part in the clinical rota that covers acute General Medicine and/or Pulmonology and Respiratory Medicine admissions at one of the two teaching hospitals, and to contribute to research within the CMHS and in collaboration with clinical colleagues in the two teaching hospitals.
- Candidates for this position must
- Hold an MD or MBBS degree
- Demonstrate evidence of advanced training, and have certification/fellowship (or equivalent), in both General (Internal) Medicine and Neurology from accredited centers in North America, Australia, Europe or South Africa or Countries where program graduates, specialists are eligible to get consultant license in Abu Dhabi, UAE according to current PQR.
These skills and experiences are important for the candidate to be evaluated in the application
- Undergraduate and postgraduate teaching experience in university medical centers, medical colleges, affiliated teaching hospitals:
• Applicants should also have a track-record in teaching at the undergraduate and graduate level including designing curricula, overseeing courses and supervising student projects.
• The successful candidate will contribute to programs of undergraduate and graduate teaching, including the Junior and senior Internal Medicine Clerkships as well as providing patient care service at the affiliated teaching hospitals.
• Familiarity with USMLE, Canadian Qualifying Examinations or equivalents and the operation/accreditation of graduate medical programs and certification/fellowship in North America, Australia, Europe or the Arab Board is desirable.
- Strong research portfolio.
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.