Job description / Role
- The United Arab Emirates University invites applications for a faculty position. Qualified candidates at all levels will be considered at a rank commensurate with academic accomplishments.
- Expected to lead metagenomic and statistical analyses of data sets derived from Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data.
- Initiation/implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of analysis software
- Tracking project data and reporting analysis results
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, or a related field
- Experience with C++ and programming using UNIX/LINUX clusters.
- Broad knowledge of biology, especially genetics
- Experience with large genomic data sets (Next-generation sequence, genotyping, or expression data), data mining, and data analysis
- Proficiency in at least one major scripting language (Perl, Python, ..etc)
- More than 2 years' experience with NexGen data and metagenomic analyses.
- Experience in scientific programming with applications to biological research, professional software development experience
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.