Job description / Role
Assistant / Associate Professor in Aircraft Structure, manufacturing and Design
• The Mechanical Engineering Department at the United Arab Emirates University invites applications for a faculty position in the areas of Aircraft Operations and Flight Mechanics / Aircraft Structures and Design / Aerospace Manufacturing Processes / Aircraft Design to teach aerospace courses within the Aerospace Engineering Program.
• Qualified candidates at Assistant / Associate levels will be considered at a rank commensurate with academic accomplishments.
• Candidates are expected to have a strong commitment to teaching excellence and student advising at the undergraduate and graduate levels in aerospace engineering, a demonstrable research capability that will enable the candidate to develop and sustain an internally and/or externally funded research program in his/her area of expertise, publish his/her research findings in refereed top journals, have high citation, and actively engage in promoting the growth of the UAE University.
• The candidate should have an interest to lead collaboration with colleagues both within the department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering and with other units in the College.
• The candidate's research interests are expected to be focused on aircraft design, structure and manufacturing, with application areas that align with one of our many areas of strength, including Aerospace and Computer Integrated Manufacturing Systems and other related aerospace fields.
• The ideal candidate has the experience and contacts within a significant sector of engineering to attract and lead industrially sponsored research.
• The candidate should also have the vision and capabilities to lead interdisciplinary, multi-institution, research projects in their area of specialization.
• A candidate who is seeking a balanced academic career involving significant research, supervision and training of a research team of graduate and undergraduate students, and innovative teaching in undergraduate engineering programs is also an ideal.
• We seek the candidate that have a desire to encourage young people to pursue a technical and engineering career.
The Department offers degrees in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, and Mechanical engineering with minor in Aerospace Engineering or a minor in Mechatronics, at the undergraduate level. The faculty member in the Department are research-active department. The department has also graduate programs Master and PhD programs and all faculty are involved in supervising graduate.
• The application package should include a detailed resume, a brief description of current/future research activities, teaching philosophy, and courses taught.
• English is the language of instruction and communication.
• Screening of applications will continue until the position is filled.
• Minimum Qualification Applicants must have an earned doctorate in one of the announced areas of Aircraft Design Engineering and Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering from a reputable university.
The ability to teach undergraduate courses:
• Aircraft Operations and Flight Mechanics
• Aircraft Structures
• Aerospace Manufacturing Processes and Aircraft Design is a must.
• Industrial and professional experience is a plus.
• Ph. D in related fields from an internationally recognized University and proven record of publication in top-ranked journals with high citation and relevant teaching experience at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
• Having industrial experience in the areas mentioned related to aerospace engineering, aircraft design and flight mechanics or space vehicles will be preferred.
• Assistant or Associate Professor rank.
• Computer software related to aerospace applications will be needed.
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.
A Leading Insurance Broker In The Middle East
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||14 Sep|
Executive / Personal Assistant (Property/Real Estate Development)
Executive Assistant/Personal Secretary - CEO
Right Calibre Executive Search
Front Office Assistant
Dubai Parks and Resorts