Job description / Role
A full time faculty at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor in Auditing is required in the Department of Accounting (United Arab Emirates University) starting August 2018. The candidate is expected to actively engage in promoting the growth of the Accounting program and the College of Business & Economics (CBE) at UAE University.
The Accounting Department is reputable for excellence in accounting education and research in the UAE and within the GCC and the MENA region. It aspires to be one of the leading global centers for accounting thought. The Department is part of the oldest and largest University in the UAE and the only AACSB-Accounting Accredited department in GCC and MENA region. Our undergraduate and postgraduate programs provide the practical and theoretical knowledge necessary for navigating and providing leadership for the complex global world of business; and helps them develop the skills needed for participation in society. Our faculty experts research a broad range of topics that provide insights into new ways of thinking and learning for accounting and society.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The appointed candidate will be expected to:
- Develop and teach undergraduate and postgraduate courses in accounting (with emphasis on auditing);
- Engage in innovative approaches to learning and teaching;
- Publish high quality research in leading accounting journals;
- Participate in the supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate research projects and/or dissertations;
- Participate in committee at the departmental, college and/or university levels as assigned;
- Actively engage in promoting the growth of the UAE University; and
- Perform administrative duties as assigned by the Department Chair.
The application package should include a cover letter indicating how you meet the selection criteria, a detailed resume, teaching philosophy, courses taught, professional designations/expertise in accounting, and a brief description of current/future research activities. English is the language of instructions and communication in the CBE.
- A PhD in Accounting/Auditing from an internationally recognized university;
- Strong commitment to excellence in teaching, curriculum development, and outcome assessment;
- Experience in teaching Auditing;
- Demonstrated ability to publish in leading accounting journals; and
- Very good interpersonal skills.
In addition to the above, professional qualification and experience in practice setting will be highly valued.
- PhD in Accounting (Auditing specialization preferred)
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||14 Sep|
Big Fish Recruitment
Secretary - Project Management
Etisalat - UAE
Regional Finance Controller