Assistant/Associate/Professor in Curriculum Design and Assessment
Job description / Role
The United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) invites applications for a faculty member (any rank) in the College of Education (CEDU). Candidates MUST hold a doctoral qualification in education and be specialised in curriculum design and assessment. The successful candidate will join a large and vibrant department where they will have the opportunity to teach at the undergraduate level as well and teaching and supervising graduate students.
Specifically, candidates are expected to have:
- A PhD/EdD in Education;
- Expertise in curriculum design and assessment;
- The ability to train students at the undergraduate and graduate levels to be teachers;
- Evidence of supervision at the graduate level (Med/PhD);
- A strong commitment to teaching excellence and student supervision at the undergraduate and graduate levels;
- A strong, well evidence research capability in their field of expertise;
- Experience of engagement with external organisations in service/consultancy work.
A generous benefits package is offered to successful applicants, which includes a competitive tax-free salary that is determined according to rank and experience, yearly round-trip air tickets for the faculty member and his/her family (spouse and up to three children), tuition support for children's schooling, a one-time settling-in allowance, free housing accommodation, free health care insurance, paid holidays and summer vacation, and an end-of-contract gratuity.
The deadline for this position is 31 March 2022. However, the selection process and interviews will begin immediately.
- Applicants must have an earned doctoral qualification in the field of Education.
- Candidates are expected to be specialised in curriculum design and assessment
- Any rank will be considered. However, the applicant will be specialised in curriculum design and assessment.
- They must also have experience of program design with a view to developing graduate programmes in the field of Curriculum Design and Assessment.
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
The Lazar Group
Professor/ Lecturer - College of Business
Al Asala for Education and Training
New East General Trading
Head of School
Professor/ Lecturer - College of Engineering
Al Asala for Education and Training