Job description / Role
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU), established in 1976 as a federal institution with a focus on intellect, culture, and science, is the oldest and leading university in the UAE. Known for its pioneering spirit, it is one of the top universities in the region, and has a vast and influential alumni network of more than 65.000 graduates.
The "UAEU aims to be an innovative, socially-conscious university which will generate a community of future leaders by encouraging collaborative research, providing a learner-centric educational experience and cultivating a spirit of entrepreneurship." (mission statement). With the vision of "Advancing Knowledge, Serving Society, and Developing Future Leaders."
In line with this mission and vision, the College of Business and Economics (CBE), AACSB accredited since 2000, redefined its strategy, accordingly, reflecting its ambition to be, from a business angle, a catalyst for technologically-driven innovation in relation with the digital economy and the 4IRÂ», and focusing on
- Leadership, managerial, business and economic challenges in relation with the 4ir, the digital economy, technologically-driven innovation, and induced business-model innovation;
- Accelerated development of graduate education; and
- Strengthening corporate relations and internationalisation.
As part of this strategy, the CBE is now recruiting an Assistant / Associate Professor in Digital Marketing (focus on digital marketing, social media marketing and marketing analytics).
The appointed candidate will be expected to
- Develop and teach undergraduate and postgraduate courses in marketing (with emphasis on digital marketing, social media, and marketing analytics);
- Engage in innovative and technology-based approaches to learning and teaching;
- Publish high quality research in leading internationally recognized journals;
- Participate in the supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate research projects and/or dissertations;
- Participate in committees at the departmental, college and/or university levels as assigned;
- Actively engage in promoting the growth of the UAE University; and
- Engage with the business community and professionals in the field of digital marketing.
- A PhD in Marketing from an internationally recognized university;
- A research record with emphasis on digital marketing and/or marketing analytics; and demonstrated ability to publish in leading international journals;
- Strong commitment to excellence in teaching, curriculum development, and outcome assessment;
- Experience in teaching marketing at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Experience in cooperating with the business community and professionals in the field of digital marketing;
- Open to cross-disciplinary cooperation in research, teaching and (program) development.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English; and
- Very good interpersonal skills; team player.
- The ideal candidate will have a primary research and teaching interest in Digital Marketing Strategy and Marketing Analytics (e.g., internet/mobile platforms such as social media; search/content/display/email marketing; web site optimization, and ecommerce).
- The position entails teaching at undergraduate and graduate level, and strong engagement with practice and the business community.
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.