Job description / Role
The United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) invites applications for a faculty position in human resource management within the College of Business and Economics (CBE). The CBE has been accredited by AACSB since 2000.
Candidates are expected to have:
- A strong commitment to teaching excellence and student advising at the undergraduate and graduate levels
- A demonstrable research capability that will enable the candidate to develop and sustain an internally and/or externally funded research program in his/her area of expertise that will result in publishing his/her research findings in refereed journals
- The ability to actively engage in promoting the growth of the Business Administration program and the College of Business and Economics (CBE) at the UAEU through personal outreach and outreach with students to entrepreneurial firms as well as larger organizations.
The application package should include, a detailed resume, names of at least three references with contact information, research statement, teaching statement that includes a list of courses taught, and outreach statement detailing previous work individually or with students in support of human resource management in the community and region and/or academic profession and how this experience might be used to build a program at UAEU. English is the language of instruction and communication within the CBE.
A generous benefits package is offered to successful applicants, which includes a competitive tax-free salary that is determined according to rank and experience, yearly round-trip air tickets for the faculty member and his/her family (spouse and up to three children), tuition support for children's schooling, a one-time settling-in allowance, free housing accommodation, free health care insurance, paid holidays and summer vacation, and an end-of-contract gratuity. The University also offers an engaging research environment and provides opportunities for financial support for research. Research funding can also be sought from national foundations in the UAE.
- Applicants must have a Ph.D. or a doctorate degree in human resource management, or in a related field, preferably from an AACSB-accredited school.
- Candidates should also have research and outreach experience in the area of human resource management and the ability to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in the field.
- All candidates that expect to obtain their Ph.D. or doctorate degree prior to Spring 2018 are welcome to apply.
- Professional and industry experience in human resource management.
- Qualified candidates will be considered at a rank commensurate with academic accomplishments.
- Candidates must be active researchers and have a strong record of scholarly excellence.
- Applicants should have a Ph.D. or a doctorate (granted or nearly completed), a thorough knowledge of human resource management theory and practice, a commitment to applied research, and a commitment to community and regional activities.
- Faculty members are expected to advise students; provide service to the university, college, department, and community; and conduct research and publish in their fields.
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Human Resource Manager
A Leading Facilities Management Company In UAE
HR & Admin Assistant
Styro Insulations Materials Ind. LLC
Head of HR
Middle East Executive
Head of HR
Middle East Executive