Job description / Role
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To take responsibility for coordinating and managing the operation, to ensure customer satisfaction and maximizing revenue, resources and effective control.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and promote Raffles Hotels & Resorts Brand Promise and operational excellence.
- Direct all operational activities towards supporting Raffles Dubai's Mission, Vision, and Core Values.
- Must know the standards set by Raffles Hotels & Resorts and Raffles Dubai standards.
- The ability to hire, train, motivate, discipline, direct and supervise the work of the employees in the all outlets.
- To assist the Meeting Centre Manager in efficiently managing the outlet, according to the established concept statement.
- Process all requisitions through FMC (Fidelio Materials Control) as well as purchase orders.
- Prepare weekly staff schedule keeping in mind-anticipated business, existing budget and standards of service.
- To assist in ensuring that Banquet is managed successfully as an independent profit center.
- To assist in ensuring that the Department Operational Budget is strictly adhered to.
- To assist in ensuring that budget is managed efficiently according to the established concept statements.
- To assist in ensuring that the SOP and basic standards are adhered to, in order to achieve the level of service established in the Departmental Operations Manual.
- To assign responsibilities to subordinates and to check their performance periodically.
- To assist in the monitoring of service and food and beverage standards in all banquets functions.
- To have 100% knowledge and control of the entire casual labour procedures.
- To handle all guest complaints, requests and enquiries on food, beverage and service.
- To establish a rapport with guests, maintaining good guest relationships.
- To meet every organizer prior to every event.
- To conduct daily operations briefing with the Banquet employees to update and disseminate relevant information to Banquets employees.
- To assists in identifying market needs for both, hotel guests and the local market.
- To assist in ensuring that the Catering Department is fully aware market needs and trends and that its products meet these requirements.
- To respond to any changes in the Food and Beverage Department functions, as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
- To maintain good working relationships with own colleagues, and all other departments.
- To have a complete understanding of and adhere to the hotel's policy relating to fire, hygiene, health and safety.
- To have a complete understanding of the hotel's employee's handbook and adhere to the regulations contained within them.
- To train and develop the Banquet team so that they are able to operate independently within their own profit centre.
- Able to account and handle cash effectively, efficiently, with integrity and follow established and proper Accounting procedures.
- To carry out quarterly, bi-yearly, yearly inventory of operating equipment.
- To supervise the employees within the department, ensuring that the correct standards and methods of service are maintained, as stated in the department's Operation Manual.
- Attend daily F&B meetings in the absence of Meeting Centre Manager, thereafter, channelling the essential information down the line.
- Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in English
- Experienced in all aspects of restaurant and banqueting services
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and training skills; sound human resources management capabilities to motivate employees to work as a team
- Strong multi-tasking skills, attention to detail, self-discipline, initiative
- College education, hotel or business administration degree preferred
- Minimum 1 years in similar role in the hotel industry
Raffles Dubai Sheikh Rashid Road, Wafi121800 Dubai, United Arab Emirates
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.