Job description / Role
Every Day, Around the World, People Reach for Unilever Products. Our Brands Are Trusted Everywhere And, By Listening to The People Who Buy Them, We've Grown into One of The World's Most Successful Consumer Goods Companies. In Fact, 150 Million Times A Day, Someone Somewhere Chooses a Unilever Product.
Look in Your Fridge, Or on The Bathroom Shelf, And You're Bound to See One of Our Well-Known Brands. We Create, Market and Distribute the Products That People Choose to Feed Their Families and Keep Themselves and Their Homes Clean and Fresh.
Our Corporate Strategy Aims to Double the Size of Our Business While Reducing Our Impact on The Environment By 2020. As A Result, In the Months and Years to Come, We Envisage Many Opportunities for Our Staff to Progress and Gain Vital Experience. It's Never Been Such an Exciting Time to Join the Unilever Team.
Department: Marketing - Oral and Deos Arabia
Job Position: Assistant Brand Manager - Gulf
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Location: Based in Dubai
The main purpose of the role is to drive the overall growth of the category, land break through innovations, drive consumer & Shopper understanding, lead a strong and diverse cross functional team and conduct various analysis to identify hot spots and areas of growth. The role will entail looking after specific brands and will cover the GULF Market (UAE, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain & Oman)
- Assist in preparing Annual and Long-term plans for the brand and projects, based on agreed strategy to indicate tonnage forecast, advertising and promotion plan, market research plan and marketing appropriation.
- Lead other functions to achieve the final short- and long-term objectives of the brand.
- Monitor consumer research and draw conclusions on brand performance.
- Recommend corrective actions based on research findings.
Product / Packaging Development:
- Roll out promotional packaging changes in local market.
- Prepare brand advertising strategies and Programme, based on agreed strategy
- Develop and execute P4 communication plans
- Work with BTL and ATL agencies to launch full 360 plan
Promotion / Merchandising;
- Prepare promotion plans with category operations team
- Develop shelf planograms and on shelf and off-shelf merchandising plans with customer marketing
- Activity timing: Ensure that all activities are completed on time and In Full
- Budgets: Ensure that all brands / projects expenditure is kept within agreed budget
- Brand elements: Monitor all brand elements-advertising, product, packaging, promotion price, cost etc-recommending modifications and improvements where necessary.
- Monitor day to day operations on the brand from all function sides to have plans in place on time.
- Monitor competition actions and ability to react fast.
- Brand Data: Review all brand / market data - sales audit, competition, distribution etc - to detect areas of weakness / strength and recommend correcting action.
- The job will require the candidate to lead and work closely with cross functional teams.
- Close interaction will take place with global marketing, Factory, Supply Chain, R&D, Category Operations, Customer Marketing teams as well as creative and sampling agencies.
- The candidate should be able to successfully influence and lead concerned stake holders for the achievement of overall objectives
Critical success factors of the job:
- Understanding into insight
- Consumer & Customer focus
- Strategic Influencing
- Organizational awareness
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Project management skills
- Presentation Skills
- At least 4+ years of brand marketing experience (FMCG experience is preferred. Relevant category experience would be a big plus point).
- Fluent in English (preferably Arabic speaker)
- An action-oriented person with Strong Bias for Action who cares more about winning in the market than winning an internal debate.
- Active and decisive in his/her decisions.
- Must have strong analytical skills and the ability to dive into the brand's performance and develop a strong understanding of the brand's performance
- Passionate about working in Marketing and being close to consumers, understanding their motives, drivers, barriers and needs.
- Can comfortably work with and lead the cross-functional team (R&D, supply chain, finance) to deploy campaigns and innovations on time in full.
- Can demonstrate high levels of consumer passion and ambition; see opportunities and capitalize on them.
About the Company
Unilever is one of the leading FMCG company with 400 brands spanning 14 categories of home, personal care and foods products, no other company touches so many people's lives in so many different ways.
Our brand portfolio has made us leaders in every field in which we work. It ranges from much-loved world favourites including Lipton, Knorr, Dove and Omo, to trusted local brands such as Blue Band and Suave.
From comforting soups to warm a winter's day, to sensuous soaps that make you feel fabulous, our products help people get more out of life.
We're constantly enhancing our brands to deliver more intense, rewarding product experiences. We invest €1 billion every year in cutting edge research and development, and have five laboratories around the world that explore new thinking and techniques to help develop our products.
Assistant Brand Manager
Nestle Middle East
Sales & Marketing Coordinator
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Nestle Middle East
Assistant Sales Manager
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||14 Sep|