Job description / Role
Every Day, Around the World, People Reach for Unilever Products. Our Brands Are Trusted Everywhere And, By Listening to The People Who Buy Them, We've Grown into One of The World's Most Successful Consumer Goods Companies. In Fact, 150 Million Times A Day, Someone Somewhere Chooses a Unilever Product.
Look in Your Fridge, Or on The Bathroom Shelf, And You're Bound to See One of Our Well-Known Brands. We Create, Market and Distribute the Products That People Choose to Feed Their Families and Keep Themselves and Their Homes Clean and Fresh.
Our Corporate Strategy Aims to Double the Size of Our Business While Reducing Our Impact on The Environment By 2020. As A Result, In the Months and Years to Come, We Envisage Many Opportunities for Our Staff to Progress and Gain Vital Experience. It's Never Been Such an Exciting Time to Join the Unilever Team.
Job Title: Assistant Brand Manager Hand & Body
Department: Marketing- Beauty & Personal Care
Location : Based in Dubai
This is a high-profile challenging role, working on Hand & Body brands for GCC. The category is very competitive & dynamic with several formats/need segments & requires deep understanding of the market landscape and needs to be managed with speed, rigor & sound business understanding.
Please apply online and add your Talent Profile (updated Resume) & also upload your last 3yrs PDP reports if possible. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
By applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and that you are at a point in your career with Unilever where it is appropriate for you to be applying for other positions.
Should you require additional information, please contact Talent Advisor Liza Ghanim
Roles & Responsibilities
• Drive the relevant jobs to be done for each market as per the brand building model through:
• Understand the brands in portfolio & competition 6Ps driving specific actions on them where required
• Understand brand & business targets, make and deploy plans to achieve brand KPIs in line with consumer understanding, market dynamics & resource constraints.
• Independently own and lead the category agenda with wider category team
• Understands country dynamics across Gulf - planning & activating the brand according to those dynamics.
• Drive white space portfolio mapping for the portfolio to identify relevant innovations, and lead independently innovation networks with a wide cross functional team from idea phase to deployment phase.
• Is responsible for launch planning, implementation and evaluation of the innovation mix
• Lead mix creation & innovation development for the region on some parts of the portfolio
• Assist in preparing Annual and Long-term plans for the brand and projects, based on agreed strategy to indicate tonnage forecast, advertising and promotion plan, market research plan and marketing appropriation.
• Brings marketing learning from best practices across Skin/Face industry and implement this experience/ new perspective in role.
• Use systems such as ACNielsen and Tracker to analyze and assess market trends, growth drivers, brand performance and set action plans to grow business & win in market
• Lead the asset creation for both above and below the line campaigns/initiatives with the creative agency
• Works with digital & Below The Line (BTL) agencies to deliver exciting activation in the market to the consumers
• Responsible at a format level to manage process, profit and loss statement for the category.
• Is responsible to manage large budgets in terms of spend and cost allocation (e.g. agency cost, sampling cost )
• Manages the promotional investment budget and manages the promotional intensity with the category team.
• Operations management & central point for solution of operational problems e.g stock issues, sales gaps to address issues, set action plans and follow up implementation
• Work closely on day to day basis with country and channel teams to identify the right operational gaps and drive operational excellency in market across the portfolio.
Key Competencies & Skills - Standards of Leadership
• 3+ years of marketing experience from region and in FMCG field (preference in Skin/Beauty category)
• Experience in digital marketing (preferable)
• Standards of Leadership:
• Purpose & Service
• Personal Mastery
• Business Acumen
• Talent Catalyst
• Consumer Love
• Passion for High Performance
• Communication skills
• Analytical skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Project management skills
• Presentation Skills
• Strong Bias for Action focused on driving the right decisions that can grow the business
• Strong sense of accountability and responsibility to independently drive category performance across a vast number of stakeholders
• Has mindset of bringing growth to category and continuously searches for opportunities to do so.
• Team player to lead both internal & external cross functional teams
• Passion for consumer & a good understanding of brand management with experience of leading innovation projects
• Passionate about digital, wanting to learn something new & values being close to the consumer understanding their motives, drivers, barriers and needs.
• Strong operational/project management skills coupled with good analytical skills and the ability to dive into business & brand performance leading discussions on issues & opportunities in the market place
About the Company
Unilever is one of the leading FMCG company with 400 brands spanning 14 categories of home, personal care and foods products, no other company touches so many people's lives in so many different ways.
Our brand portfolio has made us leaders in every field in which we work. It ranges from much-loved world favourites including Lipton, Knorr, Dove and Omo, to trusted local brands such as Blue Band and Suave.
From comforting soups to warm a winter's day, to sensuous soaps that make you feel fabulous, our products help people get more out of life.
We're constantly enhancing our brands to deliver more intense, rewarding product experiences. We invest €1 billion every year in cutting edge research and development, and have five laboratories around the world that explore new thinking and techniques to help develop our products.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Marketing and PR Manager
A Leading Investment Hub in the UAE
Cluster Assistant Manager - Marketing Communications