Job description / Role
Every Day, Around the World, People Reach for Unilever Products. Our Brands Are Trusted Everywhere And, By Listening to The People Who Buy Them, We've Grown into One of The World's Most Successful Consumer Goods Companies. In Fact, 150 Million Times A Day, Someone Somewhere Chooses a Unilever Product. Look in Your Fridge, Or on The Bathroom Shelf, And You're Bound to See One of Our Well-Known Brands. We Create, Market and Distribute the Products That People Choose to Feed Their Families and Keep Themselves and Their Homes Clean and Fresh. Our Corporate Strategy Aims to Double the Size of Our Business While Reducing Our Impact on The Environment By 2020. As A Result, In the Months and Years to Come, We Envisage Many Opportunities for Our Staff to Progress and Gain Vital Experience. It's Never Been Such an Exciting Time to Join the Unilever Team.
Job Position : Assistant Business Development Manager
Function : Customer Development
Reports to : Business Development Manager NAME
Scope : Gulf
Location : Unilever International based in Dubai
The incumbent will execute end to end management of various business initiatives in Gulf:
The purpose of the role is to:
- Liaise with existing Distributors for the assigned brands in the geography
- Execution and monitor activities plans and overseeing their execution in country.
- Be the eyes and ears on the ground to monitor competition activity and create and execute mitigation plans
- Ensure the Sales and Ops Management processes are followed by the distributor on time in full
- Lead on the execution of the E2E Internal administrative UI processes including Marketing, SC, CD Operations and Finance
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead the process of JBPs and Sales and Marketing execution plan across internal (Unilever) and Distributor teams
- Understand Consumers, Customers and Channels in Gulf.
- Oversee Distributor execution of the agreed plans
- Lead the training of the distributor teams to bridge capability / process gaps
- Ensure full integration of Customer Marketing Plans with Brand Marketing Plans and Distributor Business Planning
- Provide distributors input into Innovation program through insights on in-market competitor activities and pricing research.
- Measure, track and report customer performance and ensure real time correction plans are put in place to ensure achievement of agreed Objectives.
- Monthly review with Internal and External stakeholders
- Debtors Management
- Distributor Stock Management
- Manage Internal UI Processes
- Support Business Development Manager
- Monitors implementation and adherence to UI Processes internally across functions and externally with the distributors
- Monitors the performance of business partners
- Shares actual performance of Business with the Internal Business Partners.
Sales Operations Management:
- Execute and Monitor Perfect Stores in Key sales channels - execute and monitor planograming
- Ensuring speed to market for New Product Distribution
- Analysis New Outlet Sales Throughput
- Ensure submission of Monthly Principal Report, Rolling Forecast Anaplan, PO, UAPL sales report
- Tracking of PO status - Casefill report / Backlog
- Ensure timely accrual of all Trading Terms in the system
- Ensure proper tracking of trading terms / promotion ïƒ budget vs actual
- In-Market Activities Report & Competitor Data
- New Product Launch management - coordinate with NPD team for Registration documents collection and work with CD Ops/Innovation planner & distributor to complete the registration process
- Business Development Projects Management:
- Lead the Operationalization of the agreed initiatives
- Ensure timely delivery as per project timeline.
- Provide clear network update - on actual vs planned.
- Lead coordination meetings of the Multi-Functional team for customer specific projects
- Organize project meetings, prepare minutes and follow up actions. Escalate if critical milestones are likely to be missed.
Key Competencies & Skills - Standards of Leadership
Key Skills Relevant Experience
- Ability to operate on a cross-national scale and develop remote management skills
- Ability to travel within Gulf up to 40% of time.
- Finance business partnering skills
- Ability to seize the big picture and to deep dive into details when necessary
- Ability to stick to the role as outlined and not to be dispersed by non-core local activities
- Self-confident integrity is a must, as the difficulties of the job will test incumbents regularly on their values and they will be often carrying difficult messages to their business partners and key customers.
- Arabic Language is a preference
- 5+ years of business experience in FMCG
- Distributor management / key account management experience
- Budgeting & Planning
About the Company
Unilever is one of the leading FMCG company with 400 brands spanning 14 categories of home, personal care and foods products, no other company touches so many people's lives in so many different ways.
Our brand portfolio has made us leaders in every field in which we work. It ranges from much-loved world favourites including Lipton, Knorr, Dove and Omo, to trusted local brands such as Blue Band and Suave.
From comforting soups to warm a winter's day, to sensuous soaps that make you feel fabulous, our products help people get more out of life.
We're constantly enhancing our brands to deliver more intense, rewarding product experiences. We invest €1 billion every year in cutting edge research and development, and have five laboratories around the world that explore new thinking and techniques to help develop our products.