Job description / Role
Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world's largest manmade island and archipelago. This luxurious five-star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance. Guests can enjoy panoramic views, a private beach, state of the art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, a VIP movie theatre, signature and private restaurants complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces.
When visiting Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is the delivery of thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests. Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
To manage the resident bar effectively and to assist the butlers in daily operation.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fully aware of Raffles standard.
- Fully understands the difference of guest levels (VIP)
- Fully understands the difference of room categories.
- Adhere to the core values and the Brand dimension of Raffles the Palm
- Attends daily briefings and notes all information about the Residents and functions in the hotel.
- Records the physical count of Mini bar items by updating the stock sheet at the beginning and at the end of the shift.
- Takes regular inventories of all items within the jurisdiction of Assistant Butlers in resident bar / Mini bar store and informs the supervisors for any fresh stocks need to be ordered.
- Ensure the resident bar is checked regularly and the consumption is accounted, prior to the departure of each guest.
- Takes initiative and provides all residents with pro active and personalized service
- Does not intrude into the private space of residents more than what is necessary
- Keeps track of all DND rooms that are due out for the day and keeps the butler
- Co-ordinator informed for further follow up.
- Ensures all unattended valuables and belongings inside resident rooms are noted and supervisor is informed about the same.
- Reports any lost found to the supervisor and the HK coordinator immediately and deposits the same within half an hour in the HK office.
- Respects guest privacy and does not discuss any private information with other colleagues.
- Assist butlers by refilling coffee capsules / milk capsules, picking up / delivering Laundry and Delivering on call items / Amenities.
- Maintains a record of resident bar consumption in Mini bar control sheet and posts it directly through FCS.
- Cleans and maintains mini bar store by labeling and stacking resident bar items.
- Records the non available items in the resident bar, in the Log book and informs supervisor.
- Update the Log book about DND rooms 'not serviced for the day' and slip the DND card by the end of the shift, after the recheck.
- Reports on any discrepancy from resident bar immediately to Head butler (or) Senior butler on duty and maintains discrepancy report for audits.
- Takes print out of Daily sales report at the end of the shift and compares it with the mini bar floor sheet on correct postings.
- Ensures all transfer forms are acknowledged by Head butler (or) senior butler before transferring to any outlets.
- Updates on resident bar items, expiry date to Head butler every month and follows (FIFA) - first in and first out procedure.
- Delivers month end inventory report to Head butler & assists Cost controller, compiles and files a copy.
Occupational Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Demonstrate Awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines
- Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly
- Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements.
- Good English language verbal communication skills
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers and managers as part of a team
- Ability to be attentive to guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Ability to promote positive relations with hotel residents and patrons
- Ability to exercise good judgment with difficult guests
- Understanding and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Secondary/High School education
- Minimum one year's experience in hospitality industry with a fair amount of Food and Beverage knowledge.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.