Job description / Role
The Conference Services & Catering Assistant Manager will exceed our Guests’ expectations in planning and executing each event while ensuring the best return value for the hotel.
Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, "gateway to the sea" boasts a prime location at the mainland gateway to the cosmopolitan city of Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates. With its strikingly contemporary architecture, this beachfront business hotel offers the highest level of comfort and elegance throughout its 369 guestrooms and suites, including the ultimate exclusive lifestyle hotel experience with Fairmont Gold.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Manager Position Title, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
• To handle and solicit all incoming leads from every source that want to book meeting and catering functions.
• Service all group bookings.
• Exceed personal sales goals, monthly, quarterly, annually, through account development and maintenance, regular sales calls, entertainment and sales trips/tradeshows.
• Support goals, objectives, and philosophies of Fairmont Hotels and Resorts and The Fairmont Bab Al Bahr.
• Develop lead sources through prospecting, solicitation, referrals, trace files, and cold calls.
• Conduct site inspections with prospective and existing clients.
• Develop and implement new sales strategies, tactics and action plans for account base.
• Yield guestroom and function space daily to ensure optimum potential through the use of Opera and PMS system.
• Responsible for preparing contracts that will go directly to the client for signature. Will event manage from beginning to end, processing all the information pertaining to the
• Previous experience is an asset
• Bachelor’s degree and/or Hotel Management degree preferred
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in luxury hotel catering and conference sales/sales. Additional experience in the hospitality industry an asset.
• Possess or attain affiliation with leading industry Association within three years of hire/taking position
• Working knowledge of Opera, Word, Excel, Meeting Matrix and PM systems.
• Good understanding of all hotel departments particularly housekeeping, front office, banquets and kitchen
• Must have strong interpersonal skills with attention to detail. Organization a must.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. Multi-lingual preferred.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Abu Dhabi. Fairmont Bab Al Bahr will cover visa costs and flights for selected candidates from place of origin.
Living and working in Abu Dhabi: Abu Dhabi, the capital, is the largest of the 7 Emirates which make up the United Arab Emirates, one of the world fastest growing tourist destinations. When you choose to live and work in Abu Dhabi, you will find that we offer competitive salaries, service charge, quality medical benefits, meals and furnished accommodation. There are currently no income taxes in the United Arab Emirates. Abu Dhabi’s heritage is rooted in Islamic traditions and living here will prove to be a unique life experience.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry – leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
About the Company
We are thrilled to embark on an exciting new chapter as Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, and our unrivaled collection of iconic hotels including Fairmont San Francisco, Fairmont The Norfolk, Nairobi, Fairmont Banff Springs, London's The Savoy and the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai, join AccorHotels Group, one of the world's largest global hotel companies. Together, as a global community of hospitality leaders, we remain committed to cultivating a culture in which our colleagues are encouraged to realize their full potential through rewarding experiences and development opportunities. This exciting growth translates into opportunities, not just to better meet the needs of our guests, but opportunities for you to grow your career within our incredible brands around the world!
With our distinctive hotels around the world - and more in development - our global hospitality brand is renowned for its warm, engaging service and unique, culturally rich experiences. Located in some of the world's most unforgettable destinations, Fairmont's unrivalled collection reflects a sense of heritage, sophistication, and social importance. We are also committed to responsible tourism and are an industry leader in sustainable hotel management with our award-winning Green Partnership Program.
We have a 100 year tradition of delivering excellent service in some of the most iconic properties in the world. Our focus on service begins with selecting talented individuals who embody our Brand Promise: Turning moments into memories for our guests
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||9 Jan|
Green Gulf Careers
Customer Service Associate
Regus / IWG
|Abu Dhabi||14 Jan|
Gulf Marketing Group (GMG Group)
Personal Assistant / Executive Assistant