Job description / Role
- Assist the Director of Engineering in all matters related to the implementation of an effective budget control.
- Check wastage and ensure optimum use of material in the operation.
- Document and report on energy wastage.
- Assist the Director of Engineering in every aspect of the operation as requested.
- Report to the Director of Engineering any abnormal conditions noticed at any time with life safety related equipment or installation.
- Substitute for the Director of Engineering in all matters in any absence from duty.
- Supervise technicians and tradespersons under his/her responsibility for performance, quality of work and attendance.
- Prepare weekly work schedules in accordance with workload and priorities for approval by the Director of Engineering.
- Perform, at least weekly, a routine inspection of all engineering operational areas (plant rooms) and report any equipment malfunction to the Director of Engineering.
- Control and verify all engineering logbook entries.
- Supervise personally all hazardous work and ensure that all safety procedures are strictly observed.
- Monitor the implementation of all energy conservation procedures and report any irregularities and noncompliance to the Director of Engineering.
- Prepare monthly comparative utility consumption reports and keep constant survey of correct calibration of all utility recording instruments.
- Check timely completion of maintenance requests paying particular attention to guest related jobs.
- Assist central store in the purchase of engineering spares and consumables.
- Prepare purchase requests and follow up with the central store.
- Assist the Director of Engineering with the preparation of planned preventative maintenance and guest room servicing procedures.
- Provide cost and time estimates for work requests.
- Allocate work requests, scheduled maintenance and repairs to the tradespersons.
- Coordinate and supervise contractors to ensure compliance with specifications and the Hotel's procedures regarding guest contact and safety.
- Coordinate the engineering and maintenance work with other hotel departments.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Project Manager - Construction
Fit Out Civil Engineer
RTC-1 Employment Services
|Abu Dhabi||28 Jul|
Civil Site Engineer
A Leading Construction Company in the UAE
|Abu Dhabi||11 Jul|